Any donations made to OpenCommunity or a featured charity cause will be added to your personal reward progress in the current set. Higher reward tiers unlock various rewards on OC platforms, and other shinies such as custom artwork or even physical items! Supporter sets are available for limited times only.
You can view your personal reward progress in your profile - this will not be visible to other members.
- Usage: Donations are not used to pay out individual staff members or event organizers for their time, all effort put into the community is voluntary. Donations are used only on expenses for established services provided by 3rd parties, such as website software, server fees, Teamspeak license, etc.
- Featured Causes: From time to time, OpenCommunity highlights a real-world cause. These are usually related to gaming, community, equality, or major global causes trying to make a positive difference in people's lives. Any donations to the current featured cause will also progress your personal Supporter score, unlocking higher supporter rewards in the community.
- Rewards: Supporter rewards are sent out by a person, not an automated system and are generally sent out every few days. Custom rewards such as custom character artwork may take longer to complete, and physical items may take longer to arrive depending on location in the world.
- Physical Rewards: Upon reaching a supporter rank which includes physical rewards, members will be prompted to provide a mailing address for us to ship the items to. Members are free to opt out and not provide an address, forgoing the physical rewards. Note that currently there are no virtual alternatives for the prizes.
- Further Information: If you have any questions regarding donations & related rewards, do not hesitate to contact any Community Admin or Community Manager.