Sign in to follow this  
Gizrah

Came for the wurms, stayed because well why not

Hi.

My name's Auke and I'm from the Netherlands. Currently 32 years old, married and have been playing GW2 since the free trial weekend at the first year anniversary of the game, when my younger brother decided it was high time I'd get my butt on there. I've enjoyed the game, threw tonnes of money at it -- since grinding money irl is easier than in game -- to make my character(s) look pretty. Started as an elementalist, but have been thieving since I found out I liked that a bit more.

I don't have any set times I play at, except for monday evenings when I play with said younger brother, his girlfriend and another friend. We call it Magic Monday and it's usually for fractals, but we try to finish Arah exploration mode as well. Although that's taken us about 4 years now, so there's a bit of an issue with motivation to do it, it seems ... Besides that we do other events, like Triple Trouble, which lead me here!

In my other daily life, I work as a front-end developer and program stuff which involves user interaction and translation from server-side to the program the user uses on stuff like sites, software and apps.

There's one little issue, that's that I'm really terrible at remembering stuff like visiting forums on a regular basis. Sometimes I'm motivated to play the game and do a lot in terms of community and involvement, and then suddenly boredom strikes for 6 months and I don't play it at all. I only recently (last week) finished the Mordremoth story line, so there's that. But I want some stuff in game and that has motivated me enough to enjoy it again. Although that does mean that Final Fantasy 15 and my PS4 Pro that I only recently upgraded to are currently gathering dust. Great investments eh!

Well that's about it!
See you in game as Siniyo Victoria (the thief)!

• Upvote 2

Heya ^^ Welcome to the community!

Don't worry about being inactive or dropping in and out of GW2, it happens to everyone (and we always come back eventually :D). It's one of the great things about the game, it just sort of allows players to get distracted and forget the game exists, then come back to the warm embrace of subscription-free gameplay 6 years later :D

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org