Funnynel42

PvP Burning Bow Dragonhunter

Here is my current PvP build for my Dragonhunter.

It does MASSIVE burning damage, and great damage with the bow abilities and traps.

I have tested out this build after the quarterly update and it still holds up pretty good.

Weapons

1st: Longbow

2nd: Scepter and Torch

Utility Skills

6: Purification (heals you and damages enemies)

7: Purging Flames (Main source of the burning conditions)

8: Judges Intervention (Teleport to enemy, adds more burning conditions, breaks stun and gives fury)

9: Procession of Blades (Nice damage trap)

0: Dragon's Maw (Pulls enemies back, great crowd control)

You can change Judges Intervention for Contemplation of Purity for more condition cleanse for yourself.

You can also change Dragon's Maw for Renewed Focus for invulnerability and recharging your virtues.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Traits

1st line: Radiance: Inner Fire, Radiant Fire, Amplified Wrath

2nd line: Valor: Smiter's Boon, Strength in Numbers, Monks Focus

3rd line: Dragonhunter: Dulled Senses or Piercing Light, Hunter's Determination, Heavy Light

03.jpg

Sigils and Runes

Longbow: Sigil of Smoldering & Sigil of Geomancy

Scepter: Sigil of Smoldering

Torch: Sigil of Geomancy

Rune of Balthazar: Gives you more condition damage and more burning damage. Also burns nearby enemies when you use your healing skill.

Carrion Amulet for a boost in condition damage and power and a bit more health.

Here's a image of the stats you should get

04.jpg

Usage

Purging flames is your most useful skill you can have with this build. What it does is it creates an AoE field and if enemies move through it, they gain 3 stacks of burning damage that does a lot of damage. You can use your F1 ability to pulls them into or out of the field, to give them more stacks of burning. Longbow 3 knocks enemies back, so if you pulled them with F1, use Longbow 3 to knock them back out to add even more burning stacks to them.

Two of my favourite rotations for this build is:

Rotation 1

Chains of Light (Scepter 3), Immobilizes a enemy

Purging Flames, Makes enemy panic and will try to evade and still get burned

Judge's Intervention, Teleport to enemy and deals burning damage to them

Spear of Justice (F1), Tethers the enemy

Deflecting Shot (Longbow 3), Knocks enemy outside the AoE if they are still inside and they gain more burning

Spear of Justice (F1), Pulls them back in and they gain more burning

True Shot (Longbow 2), Does a lot of damage and knocks them back again

Symbol of Energy (Longbow 4), More burning damage

Rotation 2

Hunter's Ward (Longbow 5), Traps enemies

Purging Flames, Makes enemy panic and will try to evade and still get burned

True Shot (Longbow 2), Does a lot of damage and knocks them back again

Deflecting Shot (Longbow 3), Knocks enemy outside the AoE if they are still inside and they gain more burning

Symbol of Energy (Longbow 4), More burning damage

Judge's Intervention, Teleport to enemy and deals burning damage to them

And all your traps.

VIDEO

Here is a match I played with this build, I took down a necro in a few seconds. (Just ignore the people talking, they are fellow guild members busy with another match)

How do builds like this work for a brand new player who just joined the game. I see a lot of gear that seems required for this build to be optimal (I think). Since I'm new to the game I'm unclear exactly how the PvP works in this game. I noticed when I joined PvP I was pushed to lvl 80 but I felt extremely weak when I tried a thief in battlegrounds. I was straight up getting wrecked. If this build isn't so good without the gear/Sigils and Runes/etc is there an optimal build that can be used for a f2p person that is brand new to the game, or should I just wait for the new patch that is coming to even bother? Maybe its not very smart to even be bothering to farm gear this late in the patch to PvP.

I mention f2p mainly because I can't see paying for the game yet if I haven't really experience it yet. I also mention it because the thief build I was originally trying to use required a specialization that wasn't available to me because I don't have the expansion. So this could have been a reason why the thief wasn't working to well in PvP.

Edited by IronPhoenix

Hey @IronPhoenix

In PvP everyone gets leveled up to level 80 so that it's fair to everyone. Your gear don't really matter as much, the stats differ very little with better gear. If you go into pvp, take a look at the top in the middle of the screen. One of the options are PvP Build. This is where you can switch your armour Runes and weapon Sigils. It also shows your stats so you can build a character the way you want to.

Thieves are a bit squishy, but it also depends on how you build them. It also depends on who you're up against. Take your time to learn a class, see how they play and adjust accordingly. Generally Thieves are supportive in to +1 fights and cap/decap points. They can one-shot a lot of classes with certain builds, or they can unload a ton of conditions onto their victims.

Metabattle is a great place to get a good builds for any profession you want to play for any game mode. While most elite specs are powerful, sometimes those without them can also be really good. Linky: https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org