Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Beginner Raids - Any interest?

Evening!

This may be overdue, but - I think it would be a good thing if the OpenCommunity were to arrange scheduled beginner raids. A lot of players are intimidated about taking the first steps into raiding, but once they've taken their first steps they can often go on to find that raiding is quite doable and even fun.

Ideally, this would be a scheduled event in the sense that you arrive at a given time, not just slowly drip in at random points. Tries would not be expected to last too long - certainly not more than two hours, probably less - as the idea isn't to bash our heads against the raid until either it or we collapse, but to see mechanics and get a feel of the content.

I'm not keen on putting entry requirements, but I'd probably have to ask that people fill the bare minimums listed in this other thread of mine; it would most certainly be required that any beginners read that thread first. Basically, you'll need HoT, a level 80 character with an exotic set and as many Ascended trinkets as possible, reasonable Sigils and Runes and willingness to play builds tuned for raiding. TeamSpeak is obviously also necessary. If you're uncertain about these requirements, feel free to ask!

Again - this thread is more just to gauge interest. The main problem is that any raid will require at least some special roles to be filled, and having at least one or two experienced people to act as guides is pretty crucial. Personally I can explain any of the fights and fill any role, but I'm just one person, and my schedule is not all that forgiving, sadly.

So - if you're interested even slightly, please make a post here! Ideally, make it clear how experienced you are (be honest, "No experience" is a valid answer!) and what sort of roles you could fill or learn to fill.

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking about making such a thread for a while now and I am glad that I'm not the only one :)

I would be very much interested in doing these raids. I have yet to finish the Vale Guardian Raid but I know the mechanics although I have little experience with the last phase as most of the time my team wiped before we reached it (I've only done full PUG raids so far). I have a full zerker tempest (mostly used d/f, now in the process of getting more familiar with d/wh for better seeker control) which I can bring and have experience with. I was also thinking about trying out a druid but thats something for the future (though if it turns out we are lacking healers and have too many ppl rolling dps than I would gladly spend more time on leveling my druid up :] )

I have a supporting druid in the works for the purpose of raids, but until such time that I have her geared and am effective with her, I'd love to get more acquainted with raids.

I have a fully ascended geared zerker elementalist (main) ready to go and I know my way around with all weapons except warhorn (prefer staff though).

I was thinking if it would be possible for us to organize a "raid weekend" of sorts where we would give everyone at least a chance to get a go on Veil Guardian? :) Since frankly getting to full-clear the raid needs loads of practice and a pretty stable group with same people practicing together. If we get enough people willing to help, we could have 2-3 (or more if possible) experienced raid-players in each group, and the rest people with various level of experience. I would be interested in leading one of these. Can play tank guardian, ps warrior, staff/fresh air tempest. ^^

Experience: The Eternal, Full clears for weeks, insights... who even counts em?

• Upvote 1

I'm in.
Haven't been in the raid in gw2 yet, but was thinking for some time now to at least try it.

Right now I can offer:

- Power ranged DPS staff Eli full ascended zerk (play it all the time so i'm pretty comfortable with it) I can also do fresh air if needed.
- Ranger in training to become druid healer (but I'd have to learn to play it first)
- Herald with which I have absolutly no idea what to do with but I'm open to sugesstions as need arises ;)

Edited by Vortok

I like the idea, and I would jump on it. So far my "main" guild completely gave up on raids after first few tries, I managed to down VG with friends, but they basically quit after that for different reasons, and pugging was rather terrible, so I am about to start looking for a raiding guild anyway.

For the raid I can bring full ascended condi engie or zerker daredevil, the classes I am the most comfortable with.

Edited by cheshader

Hmhm, seems there's some interest. Good!

The main problem seems to be the lack of tanks, healers and condis. I recommend that anyone that has the ability to start learning these builds - even if you're not confident with them yet - starts to consider them. For Vale Guardian we'd need at the very least one tank, one healer (theoretically they could be the same person) and two condis, ideally three. Tank is quite hard to learn, but both healers and condis can do a lot of good even as beginners.

Susimusta's idea of a "raid weekend" seems solid. Again, the goal isn't to full clear the raid and get epic loot, but to introduce people to the mechanics, make them comfortable with raiding etc.

I'm hesitant to place a hard date on anything yet, but this is definitely something I'd aim to see sooner rather than later.

Edited by Nag

I know you can ^^

There's also a few potential healers in here, so if we have the "guide" acting as tank then I guess we're more or less set. Still, it's good to have multiple people able to cover the special roles.

I'm experienced in playing standard boon share chronomancer throughout the raid for all bosses but I would be interested in trying out tanking it in a place where people won't get angry for messing up.

Edited by Nukkuu
  • Upvote 1

I'd definitely be interested, near enough complete beginner for gw2 raiding.. potentially ps warrior, herald and soom(hopefully) viper reaper

Edited by Myralien

As a kind reminder, it would be nice if those interested added their experience level (again, "Complete beginner" is fine, but it's useful to know for planning purposes) and what classes/roles you can play, otherwise planning gets quite hard.

I need to check some things with my schedule, but if things are looking up I may get something going next weekend. No promises though.

I'm interesting in learning how to play healer in the raid. Already have the build and gear set up so I'm ready to jump in.

Also willing to join occasionally as condi or PS to help "guide" others. 

Experience: Eternal, 20+ insights, you know it.

I said earlier that I'm interested, but for clarity's sake: never did raids before, I don't suck at other pve content, but I wouldn't call myself pro either.

I've got four toons that I could make raid-ready in order of my personal preference: ranger/druid, condi necro, warrior, ele. I'm currently in the process of updating their gear to fit the meta, I might have trouble with full ascended, but I can for sure manage exotic+ascended mix. I REALLY don't want to play tank, otherwise I can adjust as needed.

I'd like to be able to finally join Raid one day. Most likely with my condi Reaper or dps Ranger.

Haven't got full ascended tho, only trinkets and weapons. 

I'm up for the role of DPS Herald/Chronomancer (Tank build ready, DPS is in progress), I'm very experienced with the first wing,  (second wing will be coming 8.3., so I'll be getting experience with that too), I've got 5 boss kills so far, but i think that the failed attempts (around 50) are more important since you learn from your misstakes. Anyway I know everything about the bosses, (I don't have warrior/engineer/hunter, so no advice on that) and I can advise other people (I've actually tried to train my guildmates, but uh... they aren't as eager as I am).

So, if you need me whisp me (CokoladaSunka.1369) preferably during weekends around 6-7pm CET.

I'm really interested in playing raids, one of my main reasons to sign up on this forum was raiding.

I'm not much experienced, played it for few hours killed VG once and that was it with random ppl. Would love to join you as my main Daredevill, full ascended gear as a pure sick DPS :) I can help with green circles as well thx to my great mobility as an alt in case if someone was downed or couldn't get to his in time. 

Have no raid masteries yet but I have all that are necessary for boss encounters (except adrenaline mashrooms WIP).

Main problem with may be hours that I'm available. I work most of the evenings, mostly between 5 - 9 PM server time I'm offline. Any other time is good with me :) 

I've made a sign-up for Beginner Raids for next week, since I couldn't make it for this weekend. Sign up if you're interested! ^^

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org