Nukkuu

Time for sleeps.

Hi,

I figured since everyone else is doing one I should do too though I don't really know what to put, but others posts gives me somewhat of an idea.

My gw2 character/account name is Nukkuu which is Finnish for "sleeps" if you didn't know! I took the name from the title of one of my all time favourite albums "Nukkuu by Lau Nau".

I recently (3 months ago) came back to GW2 after playing it at launch, getting to 80 and subsequently stopping since I couldn't find anything to do after crafting full exotics (since there was no ascended back then!). Though with HoT and the advent of raids (I was a huge, huge fan of raiding in WoW) I decided to give it another chance, and the game has pulled me in more than ever, there seems to be so much more to do now.

Other than GW2 I'm a big fan of ARPGs like Diablo 2, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Diablo 3 and Dark Souls.

My two passions in life are music (I like to make ambient music!) and reptiles, especially lizards. Of which I hope to one day own a black and white tegu lizard, already have the enclosure for it nearly finished so shouldn't be too long now!

You might've seen me on TS a bunch not saying much as unfortunately even online I'm crazy shy (I literally had this post written out for like two weeks) though hope to build up the courage to be able to speak more often though it's unlikely.

And I'm also learning Swedish slowly!

Edited by Nukkuu
  • Upvote 1

Hey ~

14 hours ago, Nukkuu said:

my gw2 character/account name is Nukkuu which is Finnish for "sleeps"

THAT'S AMAZING OH MY GOSH! 

About lizards: I am a bit scared of them, always think that they will eat me xD But this one looks amazing *______________*

I will be waiting photos from you, when you will own one :3

You character name is still amazing, god

Ah, yeah, welcome to the forums!~

Welcome ! 

Oh man your name was distracting on TS as I am Finnish. I was about to poke you and tell you that it means sleeping but its awesome that you know that already ^^

Funny story ( kinda related to this ). There is American band called Muna I found it on radio last week. It's like new indie music, but they totally haven't checked their name on google, as Muna means egg in Finnish, and well it can all so mean men private parts how about that. Muna - Winterbreak

Pappa betalar, såsom Finska teen tjejer säger. 

On 02/03/2016 at 9:25 AM, Sabina said:

THAT'S AMAZING OH MY GOSH! 

About lizards: I am a bit scared of them, always think that they will eat me xD But this one looks amazing *______________*

I will be waiting photos from you, when you will own one :3

Heh, thanks! I kept going through loads of names before deciding on this one that I'm quite happy with. :D

Lizards can be very friendly if they're brought up by people from a young age I've only been bitten by them when they're babies! Tegu lizards are also some of the smartest lizards there are, they can learn to come when called (but unlike a dog they'll only come if they want to) and can even be house trained to poop in a certain spot like you can with a cat.

Though I will have to post pictures when I get it, it's basically my dream pet of all time. xD

22 hours ago, Matsku said:

Oh man your name was distracting on TS as I am Finnish. I was about to poke you and tell you that it means sleeping but its awesome that you know that already ^^

Funny story ( kinda related to this ). There is American band called Muna I found it on radio last week. It's like new indie music, but they totally haven't checked their name on google, as Muna means egg in Finnish, and well it can all so mean men private parts how about that. Muna - Winterbreak

Hehe, yeah I've been told it a few times now, though I did know before picking it.

Muna seems like a pretty good new character name to me! I tried to pick Maapähkinä earlier for a new character but it was taken. :(

It's funny, I'm learning Swedish but I actually listen to loads more Finnish language music than anything else even more-so than English language music. Seems like I should've tried to learn Finnish instead. Maybe once I'm fluent enough in Swedish (I'm pretty good at reading it now, but hearing it and speaking it without pausing for ages is beyond me).

Oh and thanks for all the welcomes everyone. :D

Edited by Nukkuu

Welcome to the Forums Nukkuu! :) Yeah although we're somewhat private people we tend to be drawn like a moth to the flame when we recognize someone's name to be Finnish. :D <3

2 hours ago, Soaring Spirit said:

Saw Dark Souls on the list :P Looking forward to 3?

Yeah! But I'm probably not going to buy it when it comes out after what they pulled with 2 and the ultimate edition and will just wait for the definitive edition. I hope it'd be more like the first game rather than the second too but doesn't seem like it will but the second was still great (just not as good!).

On 3/3/2016 at 7:44 PM, Nukkuu said:

Yeah! But I'm probably not going to buy it when it comes out after what they pulled with 2 and the ultimate edition and will just wait for the definitive edition. I hope it'd be more like the first game rather than the second too but doesn't seem like it will but the second was still great (just not as good!).

Well I kinda don't blame you on that front, though the main person I understand people look to when it comes to the series (Hidetaka Miyazaki) only supervised the making of DS2 as opposed to DeS, DS1 and Bloodborne, so there is a lot of increased confidence from certain groups.

Personally I don't see it being as big a deal as most make out on that front, though I am inclined to agree that I did notice the missing subtleties (is that spelt right?) when it came to Dark Souls 2, something just felt a bit too off even though I still enjoyed that game a lot.

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org