Epertyufi

Ad Infinitum - A Comprehensive guide

Okay, so because I found no real guides to completing this legendary collection and the fact that it has many things to which if you don't pay attention it can cost you more than it should I decided to help you save some ascendeds and whatnot.

Okay so before I get into more details let's get this straight:

• You need Heart of Thorns to complete the collections. You may start the collection but buying certain items require fractal masteries which you can only progress if you have HoT.
  • You will need a total of 3 Balls of Dark Energy to finish all 4 tiers of this collection. Yes you do need 5 just to buy collection items and a bunch more to craft the backpacks but salvaging the previous tiers of the backpacks will give you enough to finish, so don’t start salvaging your ascendeds.
  • You will need a total of 4150 relics and 140 pristine relics to finish this collection.
  • You will need a total of 112 Fractal Research Pages which only drop from daily fractal chests. If you still need to get these pages, then doing the dailies to do so will also give you relics of course, so don’t start farming yet!
  • Leave the items that require relics for the end and don’t start farming relics if you don’t need them. Getting the other items will also get you some relics so you should really only be worried about that once you have every other item from the collection.

What follows is basically copy-pasta from the official wiki rearranged a bit and with some additional info and maps for your convenience. To start the collection you will have to speak to Kelvei, the Legendary Observer in the Mistlock Observatory. So let's begin:

Ad Infinitum I: Finite Result

Challanges / collections related to a specific fractal level:

kcd0-Q07FLAfikJHdIIhTgABcey-cmHswu_orDtn

These three items can be obtained from one run at the level 2 fractal.

Completing these fractal levels will yield you 24 fractal relics if you choose level 6 for the last and get all the Swamplands items in one run.

To get a Ball of Dark Energy you will have to salvage an ascended armor or weapon. Rings have absolutely no chance of dropping a Ball upon salvage, and other trinkets are reported to have very low chance. Armors and weapons are guaranteed to yield you a Ball.

Your reward for completing the collection: Chest of Loyalty.png Proof: Finite Result containing 3 Stabilizing Matrices, the Recipe and the Solution to Finite Result. Now you can go and craft Finite Result, which requires:

Congratulations on your Finite Result \o/ NOW GO AND SALVAGE IT! Well actually you can take it for a walk while you are finishing Ad Inf II but you will have to salvage it anyway. Good news though: in the next collection you will have to craft another ascended backpiece so you won’t be left without one :3 Anyways salvaging the Finite Result gives you:

Ooh shiny Balls! ...of Dark Energy! Jolly good show! These Ball of Dark Energy.png will sure come in handy during our next collection:

Ad Infinitum II: Upper Bound

Round 2! All things as mentioned above in the first collection.

t4DIgg843PrNhdaK6QQXH7X35P3_gj1hOV72I4tu

Completing these levels will yield you 48 relics if you take lvl 5 and 9.

Your reward for completing the collection: Chest of Loyalty.png Proof: Upper Bound containing 5 Stabilizing Matrices, Recipe and Solution to Upper Bound. Now you can go and craft Upper Bound, which requires:

Phew you got your Upper Bound. Yeah, you gonna salvage that too, tough love. Dry your eyes mate look at the lűűt from the salvage:

Would you look at that! 9 Balls! Jolly good show indeed.

Ad Infinitum III: Unbound

Completing these levels will yield you 41 relics if you take levels 4, 5, 8.

Good human! Here is your Chest of Loyalty.png Proof: Unbound containing 10 Stabilizing Matrices, the recipe and the Solution for Unbound. You can now go and craft Unbound with:

Speaking to Kelvei, the Legendary Observer gives you Theory of Ad Infinitum.png Theory of Ad Infinitum with which you can unlock the final collection:

Legendary Backpack: Ad Infinitum

Purchasable items:

Back to being broke:

And there you have it \o/ To craft the legendary backpiece Ad Infinitum you will need

To get Gift of Fortune.png Gift of Fortune:

Known issues:

• When crafting the capacitors in the mystic forge make sure that you use the correct transmutation. If you change the skin of the capacitor, even though it states that it will function as the untransmuted item in the mystic forge, it might not allow you to complete the forging. Changing the skin back to the original will solve this problem.

A tip to get the ectoes and also in general to maximize your profit: keep green weapon drops and throw them in the Mystic Toilet. There is about a 20-25% chance of 4 greens giving you a rare which if salvaged can yield 0-3 ectoes making it well worth (though you are better off with selling the rare if its worth at least 1g). Also, salvaging rings can give you matrices, but only salvage the infused rings. Salvaging normal ascended rings will get you so few matrices that you would be better off buying the matrices themselves instead of buying the salvage kit. The normie rings can go straight to the merchant sliding down on a waterslide of tears or be saved for alt characters.

If you see something wrong or have anything to add just let me know and I will edit the post.

Edited by Epertyufi
Added last collection, deleted some outdated stuff
  • Upvote 7

That's very nice guide, thank you! There's one thing missing though - In second collection, when listing materials needed for Beta Fractal Capacitor you wrote

The one bought in the first collection is exotic, you have to ascend it before throwing it into mystic toilet to get Beta Capacitor. So  500 more relics and a stack of ectos to farm.

21 minutes ago, MayaMinamoto said:

That's very nice guide, thank you! There's one thing missing though - In second collection, when listing materials needed for Beta Fractal Capacitor you wrote

The one bought in the first collection is exotic, you have to ascend it before throwing it into mystic toilet to get Beta Capacitor. So  500 more relics and a stack of ectos to farm.

Thank you! I fixed the original post :)

Great guide! I've actually not done much anything of this collection, so this will come in handy.

For anyone interested, the cheapest way to get your starting Dark Energies would be to make some relatively cheap Ascended Heavy Armor - typically, Magi's (Hronk's) is cheap, so something like Hronk's Warfists tends to be a safe bet. If you want to check for yourselves, GW2Efficiency has a nice, always-up-to-date list of the cheapest Ascendeds.

Typically we're talking somewhere in the area of 50g per Dark Energy.

If you want to be a bit more extravagant you can craft Ascended Weapons that you just want for the skin and salvage those, but that feels a bit luxurious. On a semi-related note, the best way to unlock all the Ascended Weapon skins (if you're so inclined) would be to just craft each weapon type once and then statswap through all the different color types.

Edited by Nag

8 hours ago, Nag said:

the best way to unlock all the Ascended Weapon skins (if you're so inclined) would be to just craft each weapon type once and then statswap through all the different color types

I was actually wondering this myself for some time: does statswapping ascended weapons actually change skin colour in the process. It's good to know it does.

I went off-topic so to help that I'll add that guide is great! Good job Epertyufi :) I crafted my Unbound earlier - most info can be found somewhere in the net, but it's so scattered it is really nice to have it all in one place.

45 minutes ago, Nasurelin said:

does statswapping ascended weapons actually change skin colour in the process. It's good to know it does.

It does. :)

Anyway very nice and detailed guide! I will look into this at some point too, haven't just had the time nor energy for making this yet. ;p

Updated the thingy with the new and final collection. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't get to it before because... of the person I am. I tried to weed out stuff related to how old fractals worked, like the dailies and such, but some might still be in there, so feel free to message me and I'll edit the post.

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org