Sign in to follow this  
Lacie

Hey ^^

Hi everyone!

First things first: I really suck at introductions, so here's hoping this will not be too awkward :D Anyway, I'm a student of Liberal Arts and Humanities (don't know how else to say it in english, but this is probably the closest) from Czech Republic. I'm more of a casual gamer than a hardcore one, but I really enjoy a wide variety of games with preference for RPG ones - so it's probably not surprising that the spot of 'my favourite games' is occupied by Dragon Age and Mass Effect series (can't wait for ME:A ^^)... Bioware in general is my favourite game developer, but I also have a soft spot for Square Enix games, especially their Final Fantasy series (I really hope I'm not the only one jumping in excitement from today's announcement of release date for XV XD). As far as RPGs go I also love text-based ones, be it the classical D&D or an online play-by-post one, as I love creating various and complex characters ^^

GW2 is currently one of the two MMO's I've been coming back to over the years (the other one is SWTOR) - I usually play one or the other depending on if my current obsession is closer to fantasy or sci-fi genre. I've had GW2 since launch, which you wouldn't be able to tell from my mediocre skills and understanding of the game, caused by my long periods of inactivity, when I lost an interest in the game mainly due to not connecting with other people so well... and that is what I hope to change now in part by being here ^^ I used to run Triple Trouble and Tequatl events roughly two years ago, which is how I first came upon DV, and I'm really glad I managed to find it again and this community along with it. I still have only one level 80, a guardian, but I'm working on changing that (my necro is slowly getting there), and I mainly play human or sylvari characters, althought I really want to have at least one character from each race (need more slots for that though).

I also used to play WoW (first MMO, not the best experience) and Wildstar (I'm still in love with its style and combat mechanics, but I got burnt out really quickly). Currently I'm considering getting into Black Desert, as the game looks absolutely gorgeous, but we'll see about that ^^

Besides games, my other interests include anime &  manga, various tv series, music (mainly rock and metal), reading (I'm a huge book nerd) and writing stuff. I'd really love to work as a writer in the video games industry one day, but yeah... we can all dream right :D

Anyway, feel free to message me about me anything, be it just a chit-chat or if you need help with anything in-game - I'd be glad to help out. I can be a bit socially awkward at first, but if you bear with me for a while, it tends to get better, I promise! :D So yeah, looking forward to getting to know you all or just meeting in game! :)

Hello there, fellow Bioware fan ^^ You'll find there's quite a few of us here!

I reaaaaly want Andromeda to be a success! Personally, I think they'll try to go for a more open-world kind of gameplay (like they did with Inquisition) and I need it to be good because I'm pretty sure none of my dear companions from the trilogy will be there. What about you, any thoughts/speculations?

I'd ask you for anime/series recommendations but god knows I don't have time for them xD

So just gimme some bands to listen to. Mainly rock and metal describes my taste perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Oh, glad to hear that! It's always nice to meet people with similar interests ^^

Same here! As much as I love Inquisition, there were a lot of things I think they could have done better... the 'open-world' quests kinda killed the replay value for me (I only liked the ones like in Crestwood or Emprise du Lion, where it was this small story arch) and I'm not a big fan of the zoom-in coversations, althought I understand why they did that... I just wish they'd focus more on the main story rather than on the 'open-world' aspect, as the story itself felt kinda short... which is why I hope that the team working on ME:A learned something from this and won't make the same mistakes (at least in my eyes). But yeah, the open-world is pretty much a given, I think they advertised bringing back the Mako exploration, which is what I'm really scared of, as I preferred the more linear approach of ME2 and ME3... but hey, if they actually put some work into making the planets interesting as opposed to random lumps of differently colored rocks, it could be fun, I guess :D As far as speculations go, I'm pretty much in the dark here... I know it's supposed to take place a loong time after the original trilogy, but like... will they completely ignore it or just mention it? Because I can't imagine how would they account for every one of the three endings. But I always thought it'd be cool if the protagonist turned out to be the child from the ME3 epilogue ^^ I suppose they will also introduce some new races and as much as I'm gonna miss the old companions (how will I ever get throught that without Garrus's voice, idk XD), I can't wait for the reveal of the new ones :D But better to end it here, this is getting too long already and if I were to continue I wouldn't be able to resist speculating about Dragon Age too, and that'd be for a few pages at least xD

No worries, I understand that quite well, I don't even have time for the stuff I'm watching right now.. But I doubt I could recommend anything you wouldn't already at least heard of :D

Well, I mainly listen to symphonic/epic metal or power metal, so obviously Nightwish (still the best show I've ever been at), but that's probably nothing new xD My other metal favourites would be Avantasia/Edguy (both have the same frontman and I consider them one of the absolute best metal bands out there), Kamelot (I prefer the newer albums, especially Silverthorn, as their older stuff is kinda heavier) and HIM (don't know if I can label them as metal, but they don't really fit into any known category, amazing stuff though). I'd also recommend Elvenking (Winter Wake album, I have them labeled as folk-metal, they sound a little like if Flogging Molly went metal) and Therion (Vovin album, similar to older Nightwish stuff). There is also Manowar, HammerFall, Amorphis... but I usually think them to be a little generic.
In rock sphere I'm more into classic rock, so there's probably no point in repeating the obvious names (maybe two not too well known are Axel Rudi Pell and Helloween, both have amazing ballads). Otherwise I like alternative rock or post-punk wave, so Green Day is the obvious choice there, however my favourite band would probably be Placebo, so if nothing else, just listen to them :D Also Broken Iris and Poets of the Fall are pretty good, but a little melancholic... and then there's Arctic Monkeys (they sound a little like Depeche Mode, I'd recommend the song Do I Wanna Know) and Sixx A.M. (song Life is Beautiful). I also used to be crazy about Evanescence, Skillet, Within Tempation and so on... but again, this is too long already and you probably know some of these anyway :D I could also recommend some czech metal, but language barrier and such doesn't make it easy to listen to... But if you'd like some other tips, feel free to ask, I have a really long list here ^^

Yeah, I completely share your views on Inquisition :P I wanted more story! My first playthrough I finished it really fast and lost half the companion quests because of it... And as much as the ME1 exploration sucked, the Mako is still the best videogame vehicle ever! It simply did not give a damn and it could drive over everything and anything; enemies, mountains, buildings, no problem!

Yeah, Nightwish, who doesn't know them? As for rock, yeah, the classics are still good and I've listened to way too much Skillet and Evanescence back in the day. I have mixed feelings on Arctic Monkeys and Broken Iris. I've also listened to about half of what you've listed and I'm marking down the rest ^^ Have you heard of Shinedown?

I'm a completionist - I just had to complete every zone, so by the time I got to the ending I managed to get spoiled just about everything :/ Still, the biggest disappointment was probably the final boss fight, but I guess Trespasser kinda made up for the lack of more story in the main game ^^ On the topic of Mako, no arguments there, it was awesome, but still couldn't make up for kinda boring exploration (and even blowing up the big geth thingies got old after some time :D ).

Yeah, even to this day I blame my music taste on all those AMVs I used to watch when I first discovered youtube (Skillet and Evanescence were really popular back then). And of course I know Shinedown - love Diamond Eyes and Her Name is Alice ^^ Don't know about their other stuff though, so If you could recommend something, I'd be glad to listen to it :)

I completely understand you, although with me it was more RSMVs. And yeah, Evanescence was everywhere :P

Her Name Is Alice is a really great one, yes! You gotta listen to their Second Chance and Enemies.
Also, forgot to mention this earlier: have you heard of a band called Epica? As the name implies, epic symphonic metal :D

Thanks, will do! :) Another two songs to add to my playlist, it seems ^^
I've definitely heard the name, never listened to anything from them though and now I see that I've been missing on a lot. They sound great!
Also after you've listened to some of the stuff you've marked down please let me know if you liked at least something, I'd really like to know :D

O.o

WOW

So many text, but I managed to read it!

More Inquisitors! More Shepards! 

And welcome to the forums Lacie <333

• Upvote 1

Thanks to both of you :3

On 9. 4. 2016 at 9:16 PM, Carolinea said:

Hello! It's nice to see people from my country around here! Welcome. :)

Same here! :) I totally didn't expect to see people from my country here, but now I'm pleasantly surprised ^^

23 hours ago, Sabina said:

O.o

WOW

So many text, but I managed to read it!

More Inquisitors! More Shepards! 

And welcome to the forums Lacie <333

Yeah, sorry about that, I don't talk much, but when I do, it usually ends like this xD And I second that, more Bioware!

Oh I can't believe I missed your intro, normally when someone mentions Mass Effect or Dragon Age my ears prick up and I start talking endlessly about what choices you made and why and I love these gaaaames :D Welcome and I hope you're having a nice time with us :)

• Upvote 1

Thank you :)
No worries, I totally get that ^^ I absolutely love talking and speculating about these games, I only wish there were more people in my vicinity willing to let me talk their ears off :D

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org