Susimusta

Relaxing with Lucky Stars!

Ok, so I might've gone a bit nuts with these. Essentially  they are called "lucky stars" and are folded from a strip of paper. *mumbles and finds the guide* http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-lucky-star.html < here, for example. Or just google "Lucky star guide" and pick one of your liking. 

What you need is just an A4 (or bigger) sized paper, preferably the normal printing thickness or a bit thinner, because thick paper is more difficult to fold. You can cut a gazillion strips from a single piece of A4 paper and these look awesome in color. I myself bought a packet of colorful papers from the Lidl nearby (I know that exists in many countries), but as said, just normal printing paper works too.

Don't worry, if you're not used to doing that much paper folding, the first one (probably second and third too) don't end up being the perfect stars, but you'll get a handle of it pretty fast. I also understand that for some people stuff like this might be rather nerve-wrecking instead of relaxing, but for me it's the latter. ^^

SO! Basically after folding them, I'll arm myself with a black marker (I have a Roller Ball pen, but any small-tipped black marker should work), and a white gel pen. First I draw two of -what looks kind of like the number "6" with the bottom blackened- next to each other, on both sides of the star.

luckystareyes.jpg.afed476f6eaa6b7bd7a7d6 Like this.

Then just fill in the top with the white. Result is a MARIOOO STAAARRRrrrrsss!

staaaars.jpg.b04c011f7478760b27115dab2e9

I don't know what I'll do with them yet, probably fill a jar with them or something. Nevertheless, they're really fun to make! You can also try using glitter paper or adding a little shiny dust on them after folding or something, the sky is the limit with stars! :3 

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org