Susimusta

This is where I come from

Finland. The winter wonderland. Winter is definitely my most favorite season. A couple of weeks ago the minus-degrees went to as low as -27, so what better time than that to take my camera out for a little photo session. I live near a lake and in the middle of fields and forest, however only a 15 minute drive from a fairly big city.

MuokattuCotton.thumb.jpg.135f56f44275f46MuokattuColdsnap.thumb.jpg.ddacf35e63361

MuokattuGoldilocks.thumb.jpg.0d4ca57989d

As Finns we're never too far away from a lake (as you may know, Finland is also called the "land of thousands of lakes"). 

The lake nearby is definitely the most beautiful at sunset. These pictures are from last June (2015).

56af5103c9b08_jrvi2.thumb.jpg.a8c7097d58

56af51027e06a_jrvi1.thumb.jpg.17dc9b9d3a

Hope you enjoyed the little tour. :3 I'm looking forward to seeing your world!!

(All the pictures in the post are taken by me, used only on my permission. Thaaanks. <3 Most of them and more are also on my deviantart if you wanna check them out http://skyscraper-creep.deviantart.com/ (c) Susimusta)

• Upvote 4

Once again Susi; the landscape is just gorgeous, I'm very jealous! And an excellent job on the photography ^^

Things aren't even nearly as exciting or beautiful where I live, but I'll share some pictures anyway.
This is near where I currently live in the UK, it's quite a nice park :)

OMgHKF0.jpg

yb0YKoq.jpg

And the following two pictures are from where I used to live in NL, that was in the winter, 2012 ^^

t20RCKX.jpg

KLCbJEH.jpg

• Upvote 3

These are my fave spots in my hometown, Bandung, in Indonesia. It's not as beautiful as the island next door to us, Bali. But we love our valleys and highlands :)

A hangout spot when I was young..

IMG_1838-edit.jpg.164b3a400d7a5bbee164f3

For the nature lover, White Crater (photo by Dedy Susantro).

itemeditorimage_5523a46b0c9be.thumb.jpg.

• Upvote 3

So, Sweden. I have a dog so I walk a lot, and luckily I like it. I particularly love walking in the forest.

Right now it's just snowing and snowing and snowing, so any picture would just be white. Today the sky is white, the ground is white, all people and things that have been out for more than 10 minutes are covered in snow and then, you know, the air is full of snow, so what you actually can see is all fuzzy. A very bad day for photography.

So have some pictures from 2015. *Warning: May contain dogs*

Triptyk.jpg

Some are from my parents' place outside of Västerås (~middle of Sweden; the summer ones), some are from Luleå, where I live now (north of Sweden; the autumn and winter ones).

Triss.jpg

Nature is just so beautiful. I need a better camera.

Tremening.jpg

---

And then I spend some of my time at the university too. I like this official sign by the information desk, with information available in three languages: Swedish, English and Nerd.

Nörd.jpg

Edited by Separator
Added pic from university.
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Sweden is such a beautiful country, very nice pictures Separator :)
And also a dogeeidfjkasoidjasdioj

Thanks. It can be very pretty, yes. That forest is nothing remarkable, but it certainly has its wonderful spots. Most of the pictures are of places I have walked hundreds of times, and at least two of them I have passed literally a couple of thousand times. (I've had dogs for 26 years. I haven't lived in the same place for all that time though.)

I live in the same place as Dec, but I thought I'd add some photos of some of our local old, nice buildings (and the college, haha) ^_^

Bracknell-and-Wokingham-College.jpg

lilyhillhouse.jpg

OldManor.jpg

pointroyal.jpg

RedLion.jpg

stx-South-Hill-Park.jpg

TheBull.jpg

easthampsteadpark.jpg

Edited by Aratastic
  • Upvote 2

And because we had nice lunchtime weather today I snapped a shot of where I live live (still with my not-very-nice, broken camera).

56c331509b82b_Porsn.jpg.89cbdb4ec7c92965

There are two houses on the left, I live in the furthest one. The university is one minute's walk to the right. Convenient.

• Upvote 1

I don't have any pretty pictures from my parents place yet (hopefully soon), and since I live in a brick and concrete environment these days, I won't bore you with pictures of my own place.

However! I live very close to The Efteling. For those of you that don't know it yet: it's a theme park about fairy tales. Amongst many other things, it has an enchanted forest, (the "Fairytale Forest") which is the cutest place in the world. In my spare time, I love to hang out there. This is beauty <3

JPEG image 1144.JPG

JPEG image 1369.JPG

JPEG image 1444.JPG

123.JPG

141.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

• Upvote 1

I was looking for a thread on the forum where I can post my IRL pictures and I believe this one fits my needs the most so here they come!
Nowadays there's a 2-3 day cycle of everything being completely covered with snow and the snow completely melting in just a few hours. Here are some pictures with snow.

5WFlWgV.jpg

9ua0DU2.jpg

jSblyvj.jpg

NCWd5Hj.jpg

UzebetI.jpg

X6J0M16.jpg

BDOxJad.jpg

So the snow melted and the sun came out, but then dark coulds gathered on the sky...

JKlUx3T.jpg

FtExoPa.jpg

GYyTjQ0.jpg

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org