Jomika

Discord

There is one, but it's for event coordination currently so it's just Commanders and Coordinators saying stuff, but we did talk about a public Open Community server that anyone can join and just chat with people outside the game and stuff, I'll remind the other Moderators about it soon :)

• Upvote 2

Hey ^^

Like Sithicus said, right now we are using Discord for event coordination and staff discussions, but we are definitely looking at the possibility of having a public Discord server as well ^^ It definitely looks like it could be a very useful thing to have :) 

We're also looking at ways it could be integrated into our forums, so people could easily access it from the sidebar and not have to deal with navigating several pages at once or having to run extra applications =) 

So there's definitely exciting times ahead for fans of Discord!

• Upvote 1

Cool beans ! I was meaning to ask about that. I'm curious in how Discord works and what's better way to try it than with Open Community ;)

I was wondering though, could Discord at some point make TS obsolete ?

8 hours ago, macstat said:

I was wondering though, could Discord at some point make TS obsolete ?

We've looked into that possibility, and came to the following conclusion: not in the foreseeable future. The usability it has when it comes to voice communication is very limited, and its permission system is very basic compared to the extensive TS system. I don't imagine we'll be using it for voice for a while.

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org