Sign in to follow this  
Sortilege

Hello :)

Hello everyone, want to thank for the invite.

I'm an old player that stopped playing for too long.... silly me....and now i'm finding the game really good.

Now the hard part is decide which char i will make my main and start getting ascended equipment. I'm really enjoying revenant but not sure it will be go for fracts, events etc.., was looking for a class that could give some support, but could also make damage, i have all classes 80 from the old days...

Congratulation os the amazing events you all organize.

• Like 1

Hello & welcome to the community! :D

Hmmm, as far as any advice for what to use as your "main", it really depends on your personal preferences :P I know that Tempest Elementalists have been used in the past for both support and offensive roles, so maybe that would be one you'd be interested in :D

Heyho and welcome!

Guild Wars sure is a great game and I am happy that you found your way back :D 

I am not really sure how the fractal community treats the different classes right now, but if you are interested in raiding and have the Path of Fire expansion, Renegade is a solid choice, as it can provide some support (mainly Might and some Alacrity) and deal pretty good damage at the same time. The most commonly played build in raids is a condition damage based one :) Most raid builds also work in fractals but some of the random players one encounters in looking-for-group sometimes have strange and inexplicable opinions on some classes and their capabilities. Personally I found having a Renegade/Herald in the group pretty awesome in fractals, because they are very flexible and can provide all sorts of support no matter what situation you throw them in :D 

If you are looking at other options, Warrior might also be interesting for you. At least in raids most groups take along Warriors for Empower Allies, Might and Banners and we usually take one to fractals as well. The good thing is that Warriors are well accepted even without the new elite specialization, while sadly that isn't the case with Revenant/Herald. They are also great for open world group events :) 

If you do own Path of Fire, you could take a look at the Firebrand. It can give a lot of different boons, especially some Quickness (although not as well as a Chronomancer) but also a lot of Protection, Regeneration, Stability and such. So it is in terms of boons more on the defensive end and in raids it's usually played purely as a damage dealer. But it can actually also be a great supporter, especially in fractals. At the very least, it's pretty versatile :D I myself still like to play Dragonhunter more, but I am probably biased since it's been my main since I started playing :x 

Most other classes I know a bit more about are either supporters or damage dealers or require a gear change to switch from one to the other, but that is mainly from the raiders point of view :) 

Hope this helped a bit and we'll be seeing you around o/

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org