Lelling

LGBTQ+ Pride March Tyria [EU] 2016

NOTE: You can also show your support for our event on the Reddit thread! ^^

Hey folks!

As part of Pride Month, I am excited to announce that this year, we will be hosting and organising an in-game pride march on June 26th at 6 PM CEST (that's 4 PM UTC/ server time)!

Here's a copy of the description from the NA post (with times & descriptions adjusted for EU):

~

Citizens of Tyria!

You are invited to join us in celebrating Pride March Tyria this June 26 at 6 PM CEST.

We march primarily to show our support for gender and sexual minority players, some of which have found Guild Wars 2 to be one of a few safe places to simply be themselves and get away from the drama and the politics of the outside world.

Allies and proponents of equality for all are especially welcome to attend as are those who are members of LGBTQIA+ communities!

The march route will be starting in the center of Ebonhawke and proceed until it reaches the steps of Rata Sum. Please refer to included map for specifics:

CWUiMxs.jpg

As real life comes first we’ll understand if players will only be stopping by for a short section of the approximately two and a half hour tour. Also for those for whom the above-mentioned time is inconvenient, we’ll be glad for those who want to volunteer to lead other groups whenever is most convenient for them as we want this message of support to reach as many as possible regardless of personal time constraints.

Thank you for your time.

~

When do we meet?

Commanders & organizers will begin gathering at 5 PM CEST, so you should already be able to reach us one hour in advance. You can contact us in-game, or join us on TeamSpeak (ts.theopencommunity.org)

Where do we meet?

Ebonhawke! If you don't have explored yet, do not worry! You can reach Ebonhawke through a portal in Divinity's Reach, so we will also have a commander showing people the way through DR if needed.

How do we get on the same instance of the map?

We will be using TeamSpeak to taxi people onto the same map via squadjoins. If you don't wish to join us on TeamSpeak, you can whisper one of the people on the contact list below and they'll help you join the correct map in-game.

TeamSpeak address:  ts.theopencommunity.org, no password, no voice requirement, no shenanigans :D

What do I bring?

You don't have to bring anything! But, party boxes, kites, transformations, fireworks, and other fun things of all kinds are of course welcome! If you wish to dye your armor in the traditional pride flag colours, that's also a fun way to express support!

A Guild Wars 2 player from Orlando, Florida, has suggested that those who wish to show support to the brothers and sisters we have lost in Pulse earlier this week can dye their armour in purple and gold - Orlando's soccer team colours.

Who can I contact about this?

If you would like to help organize this event, please let me know by contacting me in-game, on the forums, or by replying to this thread!

Please be aware that we are marching in the name of unity and acceptance. Any attacks on specific minorities, ethnic groups, religions, are not welcome at this event. This is also not a platform for political or religious debate. There are plenty of other places and times that are appropriate to start conversations regarding politics, policies, or religion.

• Upvote 4

thank you so much for making this a thing! i made a post on tumblr and it's being passed around and it seems that a lot of people are interested and are coming! :D 

yess i'm so happy!! i saw the tumblr post and thought about bringing it up to the admins but it seems that won't be a problem <3

i will be there!!

I'm all for supporting the LGBT community, but don't you think this is a little too extreme, like if you want to do a pride march why don't do it in real life where you know people care, it seems rather stupid to push your agenda on other people in a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, legendary Necro said:

I'm all for supporting the LGBT community, but don't you think this is a little too extreme, like if you want to do a pride march why don't do it in real life where you know people care, it seems rather stupid to push your agenda on other people in a game.

We are not pushing anything. If you don't want to do it then you don't do it, it's as siple as that. This event is just to show that we care wherever we are, and also as a "multinational" community we would also like to march together and have some fun :) Since we can hardly do that irl, this is the way to show support as well as be together :) 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, legendary Necro said:

What's the agenda we're pushing?

Can't stay till the end, but I must say that was amazing! Love you all!

67be10cc07.jpg

28077368f4.jpg

Edited by Thavie
  • Upvote 1

just to give everyone an idea of just how many  people showed up:

gw588.jpg

gw594.jpg

Edited by britxh

23 minutes ago, britxh said:

just to give everyone an idea of just how many  people showed up

And that was just ONE of the maps! :D

I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who helped coordinate the event and to everyone who attended, this was by far our biggest and most successful event :D!

• Upvote 2

Our guild Knights of Ale [KoA] was very satisfied with the organization and the event itself, despite only being able to walk for the first quarter. Hope to go again next year! :)

Here you have some pics:

original.jpg?1466962507

original.jpg?1466962498

original.jpg?1466962505

original.jpg?1466962486

original.jpg?1466962480

original.jpg?1466962476

original.jpg?1466962468

• Upvote 1

It was insanely fun! Thank you all for that evening!   Charrs unite!   ( I also took screenshots but not in a high quality. My poor laptop. I'll skip showing my pixelated view. <3 )

Thank you again, everyone, for organising this and for being there. I had a great time both in the game and on TS :)  Looking forward to more shenanigans with you all.  Thanks for following my Twitch, for those who did ^^

No idea how to record the stream, maybe it has to be done on the client side rather than on Twitch, dunno.

I don't have good screenshots unfortunately, had to degrade the model count and quality because my PC couldn't take it.  It seems that most of Twitter's #gw2pride hashtag is the NA event, those of you who have Twitter and some screenies, could you post them there?

Edited by Ralesk

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org