Sithicus

The Guild Wars 1 Superthread

I've talked to/heard other people talking about Guild Wars 1 lately, some are veterans from "back in't day" and others are just starting out. There's a whole bunch of reasons to play GW1, one of which is the Hall of Monuments. You can link a GW1 account to a GW2 account and unlock some achievements as well as some exclusive skins, mini pets and titles. There is also a whole bunch of lore in there too. Guild Wars 2 is set 250 years after the events of Guild Wars. The legacy of the events of Guild Wars and its three expansions (Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North) have a lasting impact in the world of Guild Wars 2, and I know that amongst veteran GW1 players, there are some lore aspects we're dying to experience (such as what the hell is happening in Cantha and Elona right now??). Anyhow, it's been talked about amongst some of the staff about getting together to do occasional GW1 events, or perhaps to just get people in touch with each other and just link up and play some GW1.

So here is what I propose, reply to this thread with one of your Character Names from Guild Wars 1 and then your GW2 account name, then I will update the OP with Forum Usernames, GW1 character names and GW2 account names. In GW1 the Friends List works essentially the same as GW2, but there's not really an account name per se, but adding a character to your friends list does add their whole account to friends list 

Also feel free to suggest ideas for what we could do, for some people it might be a priority to complete story missions etc, so let us know who you are and what you want to do, I shall update the OP as more people put their names below :) Anyway I will start:

• Forum User - GW2 Account - GW1 Character
  • Sithicus - Sithicus Dias.3904 - Sithicus Dias
  • Flu - captianflu.8529 - Major Flu
  • Lelling - Lelling.6795 - Rys Naviir
  • Jade Anabelle - Jade Anabelle Woods.2549 - Tenshi Fujimoto
  • Kahiara - Kahiara.9135 - Kahiara Toivoa
  • promith - promith.3271 - Promith Two
  • Beryl - Beryl.1493 - Beryl Kura + Beryl The Skald (2 accounts)

4 hours ago, Beryl said:

Idea for a GW2OC event in GW1: Say there's like 16 people that put their name down, they are split up into four groups. The four players in each group make brand new characters and they are tasked with getting as far as possible into the campaign within the time limit. The group to progress the furthest wins one prize and the group with the highest combined level wins a different prize. Each group has its own say on profession composition so a little bit of a meta could form.

Yas, I am all up to playing Guild Wars :D I am so bad at this game I can't even finish the Ring of Fire mission alone (I always get rekt at the gate) :D so I will gladly join any GW parties :)

Flu - captianflu.8529 - Major Flu (updated)

Ah! Finally! People can see my sexy Ritualist.

Lelling - Lelling.6795 - Rys Naviir (at least I think that's his name. I'll let you know if it isn't)  (updated)

I would love to play some vanilla GW with people, I haven't played since just before GW2 launch really, but it still feels kind of recent in my mind. Last I checked I was running a Warrior/Assassin using Daggers and some insanely powerful build. I'm happy to help people through campaigns and stuff, my team of Heroes was heavily optimized for brute forcing content with a small number of Player Characters :D

OMG...I'm a total veteran noob on gw1 too ><"  I'd love to play sometime if you can put up with my veteran noobness :D ><"
Jade Anabelle - Jade Anabelle Woods.2549 - Tenshi Fujimoto  (updated)

yeah would like to do some gw1 again as well especially dungeons used to really enjoy them in gw1 :) also would like to get my HoM up to at least 30 :)

55 minutes ago, promith said:

yeah would like to do some gw1 again as well especially dungeons used to really enjoy them in gw1 :) also would like to get my HoM up to at least 30 :)

what's one of your GW1 characters called? :D

Promith Two (updated)

On 5/7/2016 at 0:14 AM, Sithicus said:

what's one of your GW1 characters called? :D

Guild Wars 2: Beryl.1493 / Beryl Wrathbind

First GW1 account: Beryl Kura (already in a guild)

Second GW1 account: Beryl The Skald (not currently in a guild)

Second account was bought as recently as September 2014, I played alone through each campaign in chronological order (Prophecies > Factions > Nightfall > EotN), using only henchmen and the skills available to me normally. I made extensive use of the abundant skill quests in Prophecies to conserve money. Starting in Nightfall I began to substitute one henchman for a hero one after the other as I unlocked them (same with EotN heroes, they also had priority over Nightfall heroes even if they were worse).

Managed to complete all normal mode mission bonuses under this 'chronological challenge'. I also typed out a list of every possible secondary quest for each region and checked them off one by one. I never got around to progressing through War in Kryta and Winds of Change unfortunately but I may do those later this year. ..Probably not! xD

I have never done GWAMM myself but I can help progress yours. Can also help anyone accomplish 30/50 HoM for the rewards in guild wars 2 and I'm happy to just mess around in casual normal mode dungeons and 1-2 hour long safe runs of FoW.

Idea for a GW2OC event in GW1: Say there's like 16 people that put their name down, they are split up into four groups. The four players in each group make brand new characters and they are tasked with getting as far as possible into the campaign within the time limit. The group to progress the furthest wins one prize and the group with the highest combined level wins a different prize. Each group has its own say on profession composition so a little bit of a meta could form.

(updated)

• Upvote 2

Haaaiii, another GW1 player hereeee! o/

GW2: Natalie Silvermoon 

GW1: Gloria  (main account) & Midia  (2nd account) - Both are currently in a guild between me and my friend so that we can keep track on how long ago we've logged on the last time xD cause you can't see it anywhere if you are guildless.. <.<

Note: I have taken precautions about publishing my GW1 names in a public forums. Ask me in private msg for them either in GW2 or forums. Thank you~<3

Edited by Hopsu
  • Upvote 1

I play GW1 since 2008, got two accounts, and finished whole game with 46 points in HoM on second. I really like to get 50, but as I was totally single player there, I have never finished any big dungeon or even Duncan ;)

I have taken precautions about publishing my GW1 names in a public forums.

Why is that? I was wondering to show name of my char here, but now I'm not sure if it's good idea.

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org