Lelling

Introduce Yourself Board

Introduce Yourself Forums  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we keep the Introduce Yourself forums in their current form?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone!

Since we're doing a cleanup and rework of the site, I figured it would be a good idea to revisit this forum and see whether we still want to use it, so I put up a lil poll ? 

What it's meant to do

The purpose of this forum is basically twofold - one is a way for people to introduce themselves, and say something about themselves, their interests, etc. This makes it easier not only to get to know each other, but also for any member who sees the introduction to point the person in the direction of the things they're interested in ? 

The other purpose is that it works as a way to encourage people to make their first post - not everyone is super confident with just entering a discussion, and people might feel too shy to post in a thread about something. This forum basically says "Post your first thing here!" and creates an obvious place for people to make their first post, and once they've made the one, they might feel more comfortable posting elsewhere!

Do you think it achieves these goals? Do you have any alternative suggestions? Did it help you make your first post? Let's hear it!

Thanks for the votes, folks! I'll keep the Introduce Yourself forum in the Community Center club for now, but if anyone has any more ideas and/or suggestions, don't be afraid to let us know!

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org