Sign in to follow this  
Lelling

Black Desert & OpenCommunity!

Hey everyone ^^

So a lot of people have been wondering how we're going to go about Black Desert, whether we've picked a server, etc. etc. - here's the rundown:

We are going into Black Desert with all options open - accepting & inviting everyone who wishes to do stuff in this community, so what will happen in the end we will most likely have people & guilds from different servers. However, those of us that are starting from here can all start on the same server (we've chosen Jordine).

Moving forward, depending on how popular Black Desert is in the community, and how popular the community is in Black Desert, we will create an interactive guild page, listing all the guilds that sign up with us (like we have for Guild Wars 2)

For now, we are creating two guilds for people to join on Jordine:

• Cat's Paw Trading Company <CatsPaw> - Intended for more casual players, who like to explore, trade, or just generally bumble around the game with a bit of emphasis on the roleplaying aspects of the game.
  • <OrderOfCalpheon> - A guild that still has a social atmosphere, but still focuses on end-game content, both PvP and PvE.

Until we set up a page, this thread will also serve as a list of guilds, so if you have your own guild you'd like to list here, just make a post about it and it will be added to the list ^^

Server: JORDINE

<CatsPaw> - (Casual, RP, Trading)

<OrderOfCalpheon> - (PvX, End-Game Focus)

Just a heads up to anyone starting the game! Exp works very strange when your in a party. When you have a party of 4 everyone get 50% of exp from all kills, which means effectively your getting 200% exp if everyone's pulling their weight! and 250% when in a party of five so always try to team up!

• Upvote 1

are people recreating their own guilds in BDO or are we going to create the 1st cross community one? im easy! 

6 hours ago, Fatal said:

are people recreating their own guilds in BDO or are we going to create the 1st cross community one? im easy! 

There is no community ruling for this - If you want to recreate your guild there go ahead ^^ Personally I think it makes more sense that everyone from here sticks together :P 

Right now we seem to have two guilds forming - CatsPaw (Cat's Paw Trading Company) which is more of a casual, roleplaying type situation, and the other one, which is still forming (and still needs a name), and that'll be more focused on stuff that you could say is similar to what we're doing with GW2 - endgame stuff, focused events, etc.

If you wanna make your own guild that's cool too ^^

These are some of the names I've been considering;

AwayFromKeyboard

OrderOfCalpheon

SerendianKnights

LevelingAgony

11 hours ago, Lelling said:

There is no community ruling for this - If you want to recreate your guild there go ahead ^^ Personally I think it makes more sense that everyone from here sticks together :P 

i agree! guildwars 2 is still my main priority/game so id be more casual on the black desert front but would still like to stick with you guys if im honest!

It is buy2play, and as far as I've seen, cash-shop isn't really p2w, most items are either cosmetic or convenience based. That said, as it isn't purely cosmetic, you might find lacking some of the stuff in the cash-shop more or less annoying, but as I haven't started playing yet, can't say much about it.

How is the game in regards of leveling up and best-in-slot gear? Is it like GW2 where leveling up is fairly fast and acquiring decent gear is relatively easy, or is it "old-school" with weeks of grinding and reliant on random drops for gear?

iiiiiiif anyone is a super awesome human being and have a code over, for the "referal code" like tryout a week or whatnot it is and wouldnt mind sharing I would really like one, seeing this the best place to ask >_< Im really intrigued and want to try it, but abit lower on money so want to try first and make sure :]

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org