Lelling

MS Toga Party fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis Research!

Hey everyone! I am pleased to announce that OpenCommunity is once again joining hands with GamersGivingBack as one of the two official European organizers for MS Toga Party on May 13th!

Official MS Toga Website
LtkgvaB.png

OpenCommunity EU pre-events
14:00 - Triple Trouble
15:00 - Hide & Seek
17:00 - Relay Race
18:00 - Relaxed Activities Before the Party!
MS Toga Party!
18:45 - Tune in to GW-EN Radio!
19:00 - Official kickoff!
Times are in CEST

What is the MS Toga Party?

MS Toga Party is an event aimed at raising awareness and funds for multiple sclerosis research! It started in Guild Wars 1 in 2009, similar to Pink Day in LA. With each passing year, Gamers Giving Back has been pushing the Toga Party to new heights by involving more and more people and activities while raising donations to help find a cure for multiple sclerosis!

The event will be hosted on both NA and EU by several different organizers, and connected through GW-EN Radio! The event will take place in the evening of May 13th, starting at 6 PM CEST (that's 11 AM Central Time for US peeps).

There will be different events that players can participate and win prizes in, including legendaries and gem store prizes!

How do I join?

You can join us by connecting to our Teamspeak3: ts.theopencommunity.org.

Alternatively, if you don't wish to use Teamspeak, you can join us in-game by keeping an eye out on the LFG on the day or contacting our commanders, or tune in to GW-EN radio on the day for information on how to join!

How do I join the OpenCommunity pre-events?

Simply hop onto our TS at ts.theopencommunity.org at any time and you'll see us in the MS Toga Party channel on the TeamSpeak! (For Triple Trouble, we'll be in the Triple Trouble Channel since it's a bigger event that needs subchannels).

The teamspeak & channels are not passworded and are open to all, and we don't have speaking requirements for users - but coordination is done via voice so it's recommended that you are there, even if you don't intend to speak! :D

Where can I donate?

You can donate through the official donation page. Anyone who makes a donation and is also registered on our forums can, in addition to the rewards given out by Gamers Giving Back, also redeem the MS Toga Party 2017 supporter ribbon which will appear under your username on the forums:

Special-MSToga2017_d.gif

In addition, as a featured cause, any donations made to the MS Toga Party will also progress your personal reward progress at OpenCommunity. Check out our donation page to see how to confirm your MS Toga Party donation with us.

Where do the donations go?

The donations go to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, and the focus is primarily on care and research - this is very important as we currently do not have a cure for MS. That is why it's important to fund charities which focus on research, such as the MS Society of Canada. Whenever donating - to any charity - make sure that you do have access to information about where the money goes and what it's being used on.

Where can I stay tuned for more info?

• For more MS Toga news and other charity events organized by Gamers Giving Back, follow @GamerGivingBack on Twitter
  • For news about our local organization of MS Toga Party, follow OpenCommunity on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr, or join us on Discord

Event information will also be shared by our commanders and event organizers after each event, so keep an ear out after events. You can also follow this thread for any future updates, or keep an eye on our Discord announcements!

I can't donate, can I help out in other ways?

Yes! Here's a number of ways you can help!

• Spread the word! Tell your guildies, friends, family and pets! Get everyone involved!
  • Follow & retweet the official Gamers Giving Back twitter and use the hashtags #toga17 #endms
  • Show your support in the MS Toga post on the official GW2 Forums!

WvlBo5R.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1