Nag

Beginner Raid Weekend - March 12-13

Hello again all!

There seemed to be some interest for beginner raids, so I finally made some time on my schedule. Thus, here comes the Beginner Raid Weekend! To clear any confusion: Even though the new raid wing will have been released before the event, we will be raiding in the "old" raid wing, Spirit Vale.

There will be one raid at Saturday 12 March starting at 17:00 CET, and one raid at Sunday 13 March starting at 12:00 CET. If you want to join, please sign up in this thread (even if you posted in the previous thread) with:

• Your in-game name.
  • Your experience level. Keep in mind that since this is a Beginner Raid, it is totally fine to not have any experience, but the information is important for planning.
  • What classes you can play; especially important to note if you can do / want to learn "special jobs" like tank, healer and condi.
  • If you want to join for the Saturday raid, the Sunday raid or both (people who didn't get to join the Saturday raid have priority to join the Sunday raid, obviously).

Initially we are only planning to have one group (of ten people) on each day, but depending on number of signups and other factors we may have more groups. Tries are not expected to last more than a couple of hours, depending on people's attention levels and such. Don't expect an easy kill - or a kill at all - but expect to come in there and learn stuff.

In principle, anyone is welcome to join, but I will still have to set a few simple requirements:

1. You must have HoT to enter the raid at all.
  2. You must have a level 80 character with at least exotic gear, and ideally ascended trinkets (minus backpack). More ascended makes it easier for you, though. Avoid Toughness on your gear at all costs unless you intend to tank - if you have even one point more Toughness than the tank, you will take aggro.
  3. Proper Runes and Sigils. Honestly these are much more important than having ascended gear.
  4. Having at least some food & utilities is kind of a big deal, too, but since this is learning raids you don't need the "best of the best", just something that pads your stats a bit (not magic find food, please, it doesn't even work).
  5. Read my introduction to raiding, and check through the dulfy guides that are linked at the start of the post. There will of course be some explaining during the runs, but the more prepared you are the easier the raid will be.
  6. Please use a build that is tuned for raids. There are plenty of good builds in our Pact Barracks subforum and on metabattle. If you want to use a build that is not linked in either of these two places, please send me a mail in-game on Christars.8645 so we can discuss it.
  7. We will of course use TeamSpeak. This is probably obvious, but still. It is best if you have a mic so you can talk yourself if needed, but at the very least you must be able to listen.
  8. Be willing to learn and have fun! We are not aiming for smooth kills and great glory, but to introduce people to raiding and the "raid mentality". Raids are way harder than anything else in the game, and they do require you to be awake and willing to learn and adapt, but they are super fun. Patience is obviously also required.

If this sounds like fun to you, sign up! xD

If there are any questions of any kind whatsoever, feel free to discuss with me either here or in-game by sending a message to Christars.8645.

Edited by Nag
  • Upvote 1

Raid Schedules

Saturday - Starts at 17:00 CET (meet up in TeamSpeak at 16:45)

Raid 1 - *u*

Tank (Chrono): Nukkuu

Heal (Druid): Nag

Support (Herald): Minithra

Support (PS): Artumes

Tempest (of some sort): Eis Lue Mirage

Condi (Reaper): Andyhoi

Condi (Engi): Cheshader

Power (Ranger): Tyrael Haera

Power (Tempest): Armuras

Power (Tempest): Ergysal

Raid 2 - I've got SOUL

Tank (DH): Susimusta

Heal (Druid): Jinjina

Support (Chrono): Lameth

Support (Herald): Eirra Wolfborn

Support (PS): Macstat

Condi (Engi): Kulack Forgestone

Condi (Reaper): Daeron

Power (Daredevil): Xplso Th

Power (Tempest): Yeruwsha

Power (Tempest): Sabina

Raid 3 - Kawaii Asura-chan

Tank (DH): Major Flu

Heal (Druid): GoNikonata

Support (PS): MayaMinamoto

Support (PS): MuskaUh.6205

Support (Chrono): Zogbon

Condi (Reaper): Chef

Condi (Engi): Toniivo.2563

Condi (Reaper): Fatal

Power (Tempest): Vempire

Power (Engi): Graudam

Sunday - Starts at 12:00 CET (meet up at 11:45)

Raid 1 - *v*

Tank (Chrono): Nukkuu

Heal (Druid): Nag

Support (PS): Leigh Darby

Support (Herald): Hornmoor

Condi (Warrior): Dausen

Condi (Engi): Cheshader

Power (Tempest): Sally Shade

Power (Tempest): Deus Elemental

Power (Daredevil): Never Dont Give Up

Power (Tempest): Chef

Raid 2 - I've got CONVICTION

Tank (DH): Susimusta

Heal (Druid): GoNikonata

Support (Chrono): Lameth

Support (PS): Sithicus

Support (PS): Zerfalex

Condi (Warrior): Landrari

Condi (Reaper): Andyhoi

Power (Tempest): Laoili

Power (Daredevil): Navi Knox

Power (Tempest): Equus Albus

For those wondering, DH = Dragonhunter, and PS = Phalanx Strength (Warrior).

If there are any questions at all of any kind, ask now! \o/

Remember, bring good attitude - these are beginner raids and it is very possible that you will be wiping non-stop. Learn from it, work with each other, have fun. If you don't want to be patient with yourself and other people - you have been warned. As a side note, anyone that ragequits during the event will end up on my eternal blacklist xD

Edited by Nag

In-gamer name: Sally Shade

Experience: experienced with playing staff ele, did VG training run once

Classes: elementalist: staff zerker, can learn auramancer healer

I'd like to join Sunday raid.

Edited by Crack

In game name : Minithra Gladeborn, Minithra

Experience level : Have not been in an active raid in GW2. Did explore a cleared one, though.

Classes I can play : Herald (asc trinkets, weapon, some armor), Ranger, Necro, Ele (only asc rings, rest exotic, no HoT spec fully unlocked)

I'd like to join Saturday.

Edited by Minithra

In game name: Landrari, Nothing something

Experience: I have some experience with condi berserker and power necro. I know the basic mechanics of the raid

Classes: Power necro and condi berserker.

Sunday raids only.

I would love to do raid with you guys but on saturday I'm working from 17 CET till 21 CET, and sunday I'm working from 8 CET till 14 CET...

Is there a chance to do raid later on sunday, around 15 CET ? I will be back at home, and I'm more then interested in raiding.

no can do during "daytime" on the said weekend :(

earliest I can promise is 21 CET saturday and about 19 CET Sunday ....

In-game name: Daeron.3608

Experience: some wipes at Vale Guardian in GW2, boatloads in other games

Characters: Daeron Ventrue (daredevil), Aleistér (reaper)

Classes: Condition damage reaper and berzerker daredevil in full ascended gear. Either is fine to play, but I'd prefer reaper.

Days: both

38 minutes ago, BigWhiteShogun said:

I would love to do raid with you guys but on saturday I'm working from 17 CET till 21 CET, and sunday I'm working from 8 CET till 14 CET...

Is there a chance to do raid later on sunday, around 15 CET ? I will be back at home, and I'm more then interested in raiding.

Sadly, probably not this time around. I have fairly limited time myself, and I don't intend to hold people for too long. If we get a lot of sign-ups for Sunday we may do another round of it, but it's fairly unlikely.

Depending on how this round goes and how my schedule looks in the future, there may or may not be more raiding weekends in the future, although I doubt I can make it into a regular event by myself. I'll make it a point to ensure as many as possible get a shot, though.

In-game name: GoNikonata.3907

Experience: none with raids, but i've done a fair share of higher fractals

Classes: druid, chronomancer, herald (all except druid in full ascended)

Days: both will be fine

• Your in-game name: Andyhoi
  • Your experience level: No Raiding, tons of other stuff
  • What classes you can play: Condi Necromancer
  • If you want to join for the Saturday raid: Both fine with Notice. If you need me to make a choice I'll take Saturday

In-Game name: Deus Elemental

Experience: raids? non-existent. I've only watched videos about them and i know their mechanics roughly, 
Im interested in doing raids on a weekly basis 
(i dont know why i havent done them yet)

Classes: Elementalist (since launch)

Build: zerk (i am willing to try any and all zerk builds on a raid-difficulty level if needed)

Weapon: Pref. Staff , Dagger/Warhorn

Days: both are fine

PS: im working on a condi build for ele though i think it will take some time to create the armor etc.
i am open minded to try other classes and builds but ive only got ascended on my ele

Your in-game name: Dausen

Your experience level: None in GW2, lots of it in raiding in other games.

What classes you can play: Condi warrior.

If you want to join for the Saturday raid, the Sunday raid or both: Either of them, depends on the numbers.

IGN: Nukkuu

Experience: Cleared raid several times as support chronomancer.

Class: Chronomancer. Would like to attempt tanking.

Either is fine, if someone else wants to tank one day, I'll take the other.

Hi! I've been waiting so much for something like this opportunity so thanks for guiding^^

IGN: Jinjina

Experience: I joined my guild's "noob run" for Vale Guardian which we downed after 6-7 attempts, but I think the guild mostly carried me. But I know the mechanics for VG, seen some of the stuff needed for Gorse.

Class:    Ranger (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_S/A_LB_Spotter), asc weapons&trinkets, exotic armor
             Druid (www.theopencommunity.org/forum/index.php?/topic/140-full-healer-druid-pve-raids/) exotic armor& weapon, zerg trinkets
             Warrior (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Phalanx_Strength atm but can do changes if needed), asc trinkets & greatsword, other exotic

Days: Only saturday

Edited by ematan
http://www.theopencommunity.org/forum/index.php?/topic/140-full-healer-druid-pve-raids/

• Your in-game name: Molrou
  • Your experience level: A few fails at Vale Guardian.
  • What classes you can play: Tempest ( this or this builds are fine, but without mighty infusions)
  • If you want to join for the Saturday raid, the Sunday raid or both: Both.

• Your in-game name: Armuras
  • Your experience level: have tryed Vale Guardian once.
  • What classes you can play:  Staf Elementalist.
  • If you want to join for the Saturday raid, the Sunday raid or both: Both.

Your In Game Name: Tyrael Haera.
Your Experience Level: Level 80 on 3 characters but never raided before. Dungeons, Pve and WvW experience though. 
What classes you can play: My main is hunter (with which I also use the druid ability), though I have a guardian and elementalist too though I still haven't played them in HoT so not sure I could even use them. 
Saturday or Sunday: Saturday if possible.

Thanks so much for the chance to do this :D

IGN: Susimusta

Experience level: at least 43 Legendary Insights (there might be one or two lurking somewhere in the inventories of my characters)

Classes:  Tank Guardian (very experienced in this on VG), Elementalist (Staff or FreshAir), Phalanx Warrior, < All in full ascended's --  and Zerk Guardian (haven't played that much, only chest piece missing from full Asc.)

Basically I also have a Revenant and Mesmer raid ready, but I haven't played on them at all, so would prefer not to.

I can lead a group, or help out on either of the two days.

Edited by Susimusta

• IGN: Fatal
    • Your experience level: beginner some with the gw2 raids never finished it
  • Class: DPS tempest or Condi Reaper
  • Can join  Saturday only