Sign in to follow this  
Lelling

Cybersmile Fundraiser Extended to May!

Hey everyone ^^

Just a very quick heads up - we've gotten some feedback from people that they'd like to donate to support both us and Cybersmile but do not have the funds at the moment, and we've also had concerns with making our new badges exclusive to just the month of April.

So we've decided to extend our Cybersmile fundraiser to the end of May, meaning in addition to 50% of all donations we received in April, we will also be sending 50% of all donations we receive in May to The Cybersmile Foundation!

We are also extending the availability of the badges - making them seasonal rather than bound to a specific month, so they will be lasting until the end of Spring!

We hope this gives people enough time, we really wanted to make sure people didn't feel pressured with the 30-day window to obtain any shinies they wanted. Thank you for your support!

So to recap:

• Cybersmile fundraiser extended until the 31st of May
  • Valiant & Heroic Supporter badges will be obtainable until the 20th of June

rRTWPsz.png

To check out the full information about donation perks, go to http://www.theopencommunity.org/donate/

JmFlKbl.gif

I'll by blunt, sorry.

I want to support OC.

If i'd wanted to support cybersmile i'd sent money directly to them.
Honestly i can think of A LOT more "noble" couses to donate money to then the cybersmile.

I am an adult person and am perfectly capable of deciding who I want to support and why. Don't need Ur "help" to make a decision.

Since U R forcing the split donation I can't support OC which makes me sad...

On the side note.
It is customary for a donations receiver to present settlement of the donations. If there is one for the indygogo campaign and I'm missing it, please be so kind and point me to it. If there isn't one I think that I'm not the only one who would like to read it and know for example how much money remains, on what it has been spent and what cost are due and when.

P.S. "You" in the statements above means OC command staff, not Lelling personally.

• Downvote 1

Hey ^^

We appreciate your concern. While OpenCommunity chooses to support Cybersmile because their goals and ours are aligned and we strive to achieve the same things, we also thought of those who might want to support us directly.

That is why we've extended the availability of the badges to last until June 20th, after our Cybersmile fundraiser ends on May 31st. This allows people who want to donate solely to the community to still acquire the limited time badges & bonuses.

For you, I can also make an exception, if you want, you can mark your donation with "(No Cybersmile)" and we will discount that from the equation ^^ Does that sound ok?

As said in the campaign, the funds from the Indiegogo campaign are being used to pay for:

• Server costs
  • Website & IPS costs
  • Domain name, etc.

All this amounts to around 100€/month on average, ignoring some initial purchase costs.

Additionally we always want to have a buffer of around 300-500€ ready to cover TeamSpeak costs (we are running on a non-profit license, but TeamSpeak can decide at any point in time that because we are accepting donations and are not a charity, we don't qualify, even though we are still non-profit. This would terminate our TS server unless we could pay for it on the spot) A TS license would cost between $300-$500/year depending on the size of the license required.

In the future, we plan to add additional servers to support other games (Minecraft, Don't Starve Together), which is where we are expecting any future surplus will be directed to.

As far as providing full financial statements, I'm afraid that's not feasible, nor is it customary.

P.S.: If you need additional proof that the money is being used as intended - look around ;) We have fulfilled every single campaign promise made during our Indiegogo campaign, and plan on continuing doing so & more in the future!

• Upvote 3