Slaywright

DV Goes Raid

I am redoing the whole DV raid scheme, and once that's up there will be a new topic posted for it. This will be left here as is for archiving purposes, and so links etc. don't break all over the shop.

New topic is up:

------------------

Hello DV folks!

Here it is finally, the long overdue DV guild raid thingimibob extravaganza v1.1 content update! We'll be doing this in the DV spirit, meaning it'll be low bar, relaxed, but still doing stuff right the first time around. Or I suppose in this case the 7th or whatever. Either way, this is not a gritted teeth try-hard mode effort.

We'll want a beginner friendly environment, but having a few experienced raiders along won't hurt, to provide that little bit of an example and insight (and enticement, I see that Gorseval mini glaring at me >:O).

But how does it work?

Each time we go out on a scheduled (or spur of the moment :D) raid we'll assemble a group for the run in question. You can sign up beforehand for a scheduled run by contacting me, and I will fill the rest of the slots by asking people who have left me their details (see below), and by asking openly in guild chat.

We'll run three types of groups at hopefully somewhat regular, demand driven schedule:

• Introduction runs
    • No prerequisites
    • Goal is the learn the mechanics of the encounter and the roles required and their functions
    • Priority on people with no experience
    • Baseline equipment: exotic gear with stats fitting your role
  • Training runs
    • Requires basic familiarity with the encounter in question
    • Goal is to simply gain experience at the encounter. Getting a kill is always a bonus, but not the main objective.
    • Priority on less experienced people
    • Baseline equipment: exotic gear with sigils and runes to match your role and preferably weapons, amulet, rings, accessories upgraded to ascended. (In that order of impoftance/ease of acquisition)
  • Kill runs
    • Requires understanding of both the encounter and your role, as well as familiarity with all the important roles and mechanics of the encounter, regardless of if they involve you. (e.g. the green circles on Vale Guardian)
    • Goal is to kill the boss in question, but this is still not a gritted teeth meta-or-get-out ideal composition situation by any means
    • Loose priority on people with less kills and people who have not yet killed the boss in question that week
    • Baseline equipment: exotic armour and ascended weapons with runes and sigils fit for purpose, ascended trinkets, stats appropriate for your role. A few pieces missing doesn't bar you from joining, but you should actively work to fill in the missing upgrades.
    • These runs will be scheduled less often, and only for purposes such as gaining access to a later boss for training runs

There will be no gear checks or questionnaires or item or title gates, so anyone can join, just make sure you start at the appropriate level for you. I know some of the requirements listed above can sound a bit harsh, but they are actually mostly guidelines. The one strict DV rule still applies: don't be a butt.

Gearing to perfection is secondary for a good raid experience, and while it is increasingly important as you progress, the first things you should learn are to be at complete ease with your profession and role, meaning you don't have to concentrate on your skill rotations, but instead you can focus on what is happening around you and keep your rotation going while reacting to the environment. The first raid boss, the Vale Guardian, is very mechanics heavy, and thus a very good test of this. Don't panic if you think you can't do it, you will learn.

The functionality of the raid encounters also incorporates the toughness attribute into their mechanics in such a way that the character in the tank's role should always have the highest toughness in the group. The bosses generally follow the highest toughness, and this can be used for positioning the bosses and keeping the majority of their direct attacks away from the team. For this reason, it is important you avoid stat combinations with touhgness on them as much as possible, unless you are planning on tanking, and if you have any toughness on you (including from traits) do mention it. This also sneakily ties into the aforementioned knowing your build and what it does.

There are also a few notable general disclaimers:

• Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has the right to make mistakes. But that right comes with the responsibility of learning from them. Everyone is capable of learning from their mistakes, as long as they understand what went wrong.
  • While gearing is not the be all, end all of the raids, it is important, and a token requirement of joining is your willingness to put in the resources and effort to get gear appropriate for your role. This is the hardest content in the game, but it is accessible for anyone with a bit of dedication.
  • The way I lead the raid is just one of they ways it can be done. If you have learnt something differently, you're free to bring it to the table, but the tie breaker and final word is always the raid leader. This is simply for the sake of keeping it coherent and organised, so we spend more time raiding and less time standing around arguing about silly nonsense.

But when?

Keep an eye on our Guild Wars 2 Guild Events calendar for when a DV raid event is happening. We also do spur of the moment runs, and anyone is free to lead those, but I can personally hold no responsibility over what happens at any other run than the ones I lead myself.

Signing up

While signing up for this business isn't a binding contract and we'll not excommunicate you if you can't make it after all or your gear isn't the best possible or whatever, do consider that it's not only your time, but also the time of 9 other people being wasted. And failure is always an option, but it is to be a learning experience.

If you're willing the put in the time, the effort and resources into getting your gear in check and learning the rotations, don't hesitate to speak up.

The sign ups for actual runs are on a per run basis, so whenever you spot one coming up you want to join, contact me. You can also leave your details for a list of interested people I have, and if your name is on there, I will contact you whenever we have an appropriate run starting if there is room in the group.

To get your name on this list, either message me here on the forums, reply to this topic or contact me in-game and provide the following info:

• In-game account name
  • Classes and builds you've got ready and roles you would want to play (now or in the future)
  • Days (and times) when you're available
  • Your raiding experience

And also don't hesitate to ask me if you're unsure of something :)

Yay raids!

Edited by Slaywright

• Classes and builds you've got ready

- Condi Necro (full  ascended armor + trinkets + weapons)

- Zerker Ranger / Druid  (full ascended armor + trinkets + weapons)

• Roles you would want to play

Preferably condi necro, but can go dps ranger with offhealing too if needed

• Days (and times) that would work for you

Any day after 3PM

None in GW2. I know general raiding rules from other games, I'm a good listener and hopefully fast learner

• In-game account name

Ran. 4658

As much as I want to do this often, I cant because of IRL stuff. So I'm signing up here as a backup! If you are lacking dps and you see me online (usually during/after TT), feel free to invite.

DPS -> Berserker Tempest (ascended weapons + armor + trinkets except back piece)
    Every day after 9pm CEST IF I'm online!
    Have lots of experience with VG only 
  • In-game account name
    steki.1478

Classes:  I got all classes with more or less meta builds and geared with ascended trinkets and armor and some weapons. Only my scrapper has mostly exotic gear. 

Most of my toons are equiped with zerker gear except my necro (viper) and my chrono (assasin), if I remember correctly.

The classes I play the most are the "heavies" (Dragonhunter, PS Berserker and Herald) in T4 fractals.

Roles:  I'm willing to try any role but I guess dps is the one I know better because of dungeons, fractals etc. I know nothing about healing even though I got a druid...

Days and Times:  Any day, afternoons and nights if I'm online. It would really help if I know the meeting time a day before though.

Raiding Experience:  Not much in GW2, I only tried vale guardian with some guildies a couple of times during beta.

Account Name:  Sovereign.9016

I have a condi necro that is (nearly) geared for raids that i could bring. AT the moment, midyears are eating all of my time, but after june i should be available any time for a few weeks, preferably later times, though. I haven't done any raids yet (at least in GW) , but i am signed up to some other groups. so that may change. My account name is PHOS.3702

Awesome stuff, everyone from here's on the list plus some other people who have contacted me, lookin' good but there's still space. There's especially space for at least one more "main" condi and healer just so we're on the safe side, but if we fill up without that it's not the end of the world as we've got backups :)

Hey !

I can play condi thief with asc armor/weapons (i dunno if it's worth it to play with condi thief in raids but i want to try ;))

Well condi thief o/

Everydays starting to 3-4pm

None, total newbie :3

• In-game account name

zouu.2059

Hello!

• Classes and builds I've got ready: condi engi (I'm still polishing the armor)
  • Roles I would want to play: condi (I often play condi in TT)
  • Days (and times) that would work for me: More or less everyday in the evening, it would help to know the day and time the day before.
  • My raiding experience: none
  • In-game account name: Animale.1472

Looks like we have more than a full squad already O: So on we go to form a second one, and in the mean time we'll have a nice reserve in case someone can't make it or something else unfortunate transpires.

If there's still need for a condi i would love to join you with my ranger. I have no preference in days, just give me schedule and ill manage. I'm also fine with being on the bench.

Edited by macstat

Hello glad to here that DV are starting raids for real :) 

Chrono(tank) / Elem Dps staf / Ingi condi viper

any

Everydays 

Wing 1 : Completed several times / Wing 2 : Experience on all bosses

• In-game account name

Zogbon.3245

To get your name on the list, either message me here on the forums, reply to this topic or contact me in-game and provide the following info:

• Tempest (d/w & staff)
    • damage
    • i dunno, nothing too early in the evening
    • tried a to command a pug raid on Vale Guardian before, ended horribly
  • In-game account name
    • Wafflemancer.7591

• Chronomancer - exotic berserker armour, runes of chromancer.  Berseker ascended items, except rings (exotic berserker).  Use sword/shield & greatsword, dropped focus and never like sword/sword.
    • Engineer (condie) - exotic sinister armour, runes of beserker, p/p. Rampagers stats, except rings (1 exotic berserker ring/1 sinister ascended)
    • Herald - exotic berserker armour, runes of strength, exotic sword/axe & hammer legendary, ascended trinkets/accessories, except rings (exotic berserker)
    • Listed in order of priority - Chrono, engi, rev
    • Chrono - I guess alacrity bot/whatever needs doing.
    • Engi - whatever condie role is
    • Herald - DPS, or herald buffbot, etc
    • I work during the day, so not home till around 2030 CEST.  Also travelling between home/parents to help out.  When at parents, no game access :(, no fixed schedule but definately at home till the Sunday coming.
    • None in this game, limited in past mmo's, but willing to listen and learn
  • In-game account name
    • Irakaz.8964

Today, the DV raid group met up and journeyed into the Spirit Vale! And we managed to down the Vale Guardian with half the group being beginners! And not only that, we did it without anyone in the squad dying! :D

It took a few tries, people went and came, but all's well what ends well. Afterwards, we went to check on the lovely Gorseval and we saw he was still there and more than willing to mop the floor with us ^^

gw136.jpg

Squad composition:

• commander: Ronja Gracegale (revenant tank)
  • Saari Saba (condi necro)
  • Arkarian Whitesoul (dps dragonhunter)
  • Seyana Ice (dps dragonhunter)
  • Nori Knox (dps tempest)
  • Cracss (condi necro)
  • Felarof (PS berserker)
  • Developer Ballmer (dps chronomancer)
  • Carduus Glaucus (condi necro)
  • Arvynthir (druid healer)
Edited by Arvinthir
  • Upvote 2

Hey, you can add me as backup here as well, when im online and available just ask. Usually 6pm cest to some time at night.

Class and Builds: PS Warrior (asc armor/trink/weap, str runes, the usual bag of weapons for whatever is needed), Heal Druid (Magi/Monks, clerics trinkets, can reduce toughness if need be or switch out with zerker stats), Dragonhunter

Roles: Pref Heal over DPS, can do both.

Days: Pretty much any day.

Experience: VG, Gorse. Years of raiding somewhere else if thats of value.

Ingame: Hyphen.7409

Edited by Taas

Yes, excellent work everyone involved \o/

We had a few people go along the evening, thanks to everyone for their effort :)

If you missed it we'll assemble another go at VG on Wednesday most likely and we'll get as many first timers along then as possible. I'll try to catch you all in-game, too, but keeping an eye on guild chat is also a good idea.

• DPS  Tempest. both staff and fresh air
    • DPS
    • UTC +3
      • Monday: 15:00pm and after
      • Tueseday: 14:00pm and after
      • Wednesday: 12pm and after
      • Thursday: 19:00pm and after
      • Friday: 14:00 pm and after
      • Saturday : All-day-long
      • Sunday: until 00:00 towards monday
    • i was part of the first begginer raid OC had, with VG getting down to about 10% and then everyone just left :/, i have seen and i somewhat understand how to kill All the raid bosses from videos and talks only
  • In-game account name
    • TheSakMan.8497

Edited by Deus

DPS -> Berserker Tempest (full asc but missing one accessory)
    Every day after 6 pm CET +1
    Have tried VG many times so pretty experienced but not other bosses
  • In-game account name
    Eun chae.5470

So excited :D

Okay so I want to volunteer as tribute for raid :) 

Tried raid for the first time yesterday with my power necro and after some very good advice from guildies about changing gear and traits for raid I kinda started to get the hang of it. I did die 189173264 million times but eh, you live and you learn (or die trying and learn anyway).

If anything comes up I do have a tempest and a druid I can switch to :) 

account name : Isadora Miau.7861

Haloo. I know this is short notice for the confirmation but yes we'll give VG another go today, so if you're already signed up or want to race for any possible leftover spots, be in-game tonight sometime before 18 CEST. That's when we'll start, and leading up to that I'll be contacting people who've expressed interest and then we fill the group up once those are all rounded u-- I mean invited in. :o:D

I've come up with a few alterations to the format I originally thought of for this whole shindig, so I'll be updating the first post as soon as I've got the details ironed out and all that. In the mean time, watch the guild chat \o/

Classes i can play with: condi Thief, Power Chrono and staff elementalist healer

Roles in preferred order: Condi Thief, elementalist healer and chronomancer

Raiding experience: so far not been able to kill Vale guardian

Raiding times: so long as i dont have anything irl stuff

My ingame name: ser tachibana.3892

• Classes and builds I've got ready: ranger Ranger_tango_icon_20px.png and ele full zerk 48px-user-mora-tempest.png
  • Roles I would want to play: ele dps or polyvalent ranger (some dps and sustain)
  • Days (and times) that would work for me: on the evening
  • My raiding experience: none
  • In-game account name: wiliwilliam.4301
  • additional information: can play naked
Edited by Wiliwilliam

Update on tonight's VG intro run, we have a preliminary lineup of 2 condies short of a full squad already :D And since that particular encouter requires some condition damage people, now's your opening to come learn the basics.

Also we'll find out the actual final composition once we're getting started, so there may or may not be random shouting in guild chat around that time for some extra people to fill in the squad.