Sign in to follow this  
Sourunji

Pokemon – Gotta Catch 'em All!

latest?cb=20120128115827

The franchise that for many of us started it all – Pokemon.

This topic is pretty self explanatory and should be obvious, but if not then allow me to spell it out for you... BATTLE!

.. Or trading, yeah?

This is the place where we can discuss Pokemon in full force, from battling to trading, breeding to building secret bases, and everything in-between. As one of the most popular game franchises in the world it's certain that many of us will be a part of the sensation that is Pocket Monsters. So, share your friend codes, share your thoughts, and share your personal Pokemon with the world – right here at The OpenCommunity.

My friend code is 1907 9312 4890, with the name Sourunji, even though Nintendo still doesn't use it (unfortunately).

Let's come together for whatever the Pokemon world has to offer (and go easy on me!).

Let me just throw it out there - although I'm too busy to be catching up to the newest games, I think I with some confidence say that Sapphire was the best Pokemon game ever and one of my all-time favorite games. Come at me. (Ruby was red and therefore way less good. Emerald would have been the best because it's green, but I didn't play it because it came out after I finished Sapphire already)

I only recently managed to emulate Platinum on my phone, and it was almost as good, mind. So maybe the newer ones somehow got beyond Sapphire's awesomeness... nah no way :D

Edited by Nag

If that was your favorite, I would definitely check out the remakes on 3DS -- Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. Personally I was a huge fan of Gen 2 / Crystal (in particular) because of the fact you could travel to two regions. Plus, Gen 2 is probably my favorite generation overall, with 1 closely behind or neck and neck. Cyndaquil-line is my favorite line behind Charmander, so, lots of nostalgia love there.

But yeah, you should totally get a 3DS and get the remakes. As a Pokemon fan since day one, I would say the remakes really bring out all the potential the Gen 3 games had and makes it shine.

• Upvote 1

If I ever find myself in a position where I can get my hands on a 3DS, I'll do just that then :D

7 hours ago, Nag said:

If I ever find myself in a position where I can get my hands on a 3DS, I'll do just that then :D

I didn't even think of it at first, but you could also get a 2DS. No 3D feature (something I never use anyway, really) and no XL version, but plays 3DS games (minus ones only for the NEW 3DS system) just fine.

I actually started my 3DS-generation gaming with a 2DS that I bought when Pokemon X/Y came out. Then my collection grew, and early 2015 I bought a NEW 3DS XL in order to,play Xenoblade. 2DS should be super cheap right now, like 100 bucks in some cases, and even cheaper I bet if you go refurbished.

Sign in to follow this  

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org