Ipos

Viper Reaper RAID/PVE

This is a guide for viper gear reaper that works very very well in general PVE and exceptionally well in a raid or dungeon and amazing if you can also have a healer tag along and help with your minion upkeep.

Traits

59tWLqS.png?1

Skills

M0wdydC.png?1

Gear

You want Full Viper gear for this with 2 Superior Rune of the Trapper and 4 Superior Rune of the Nightmare.

Viper Weapons Scepter/Dagger with Superior Sigil of Malice and Superior Sigil of Bursting and for secondary weapon Greatsword (this can be a regular zerker stat since you will not be using it much) because it helps with CC and has better damage than Staff.

Back Item(Rampager), Mordrem Loop(Viper) as amulet, Plague Signet(Sinister) and Verata's Seared Ring(Sinister) as rings and Caithe's Blossom(Sinister) and Caithe's Remorese(Sinister) as accesories, all trinkets are obtained from story achievements. 

How this works

The way this works is you build your minion count and then you use Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon to put conditions on you, Master of Corruption gives these skills extra self conditions. Once the conditions are on you the trait Necromantic Corruption transfers the conditions from you to the minions and on hit the minions transfer them to the enemy, this transfer has a 10 second cooldown.

The idea is to start with Lich Form  > Mark of Horror > exit Lich Form, use this when its off cooldown to spawn minions. After this you use "Rise!" for extra minions and then Blood is Power (has longer cast time) and after that Corrupt Boon (shorter cast time). 

The combo of Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon puts 4 bleed stacks, 2 torment stacks and 1 stack of poison per minion. so if you have 10 minions that equals 40 stack of bleed just from minions alone. 

In a raid environment or a place where you can have Adrenal Mushrooms or you happen to have a healer you can build up to 25 minions, that's the cap.

You can replace Summon Blood Fiend with "Your Soul Is Mine" and I would not use Consume Conditions, its a great healing spell but as it says it consumes conditions and you don't want that. You can also replace Corrupt Boon with Epidemic for AOE damage or Corrosive Poison Cloud for extra poison damage.

In terms of other skills you want to use your Reaper's Shroud > Soul Spiral on cooldown. 

Next you want to use Enfeebling Blood and after that Grasping Dead and Feast Of Corruption these two in no particular order, when you see Enfeebling Blood getting close to be off cooldown you go in Reaper's Shroud use Soul Spiral and repeat the whole process.

Use your Auto Attack as filler, this applies extra bleeding  and poison

I would not use Deathly Swarm unless you just have one minion its a damage loss.

Swaping to Greatsword is a dps loss and you only wanna do it if you need a bit of extra CC by using Grasping Darkness after that use Gravedigger and then spam Auto Attack for chill damage until you can swap back to Scepter/Dagger

Reaper's Shroud > Executioner's Scythe for CC

This is all for now, if you have any questions feel free to ask. 

Thanks

Edited by Ipos
  • Upvote 3

Personally i think its way better to just bring warhorn instead of greatsword if its just for cc. Once you switch to gs you need to keep with it and thats a huge loss in dps while with warhorn you still have your main source of dps and wont loose any huge dps  from it. Also should be stated that this is a build made for fights longer than 1 minute and thus sometimes its best if you just switch lich for golem wich gives you a huge cc.

I may be going crazy, but I do think you're overcapping 10% on your Bleed and Chill duration. While I get that you can use the extra +10% Torment and Poison, I really don't think it justifies using a Sigil of Malice. Since Geomancy is kinda useless as you don't weapon swap much (although if you go with the Warhorn idea you could probably use it), I guess Earth remains the last relevant choice for Sigils.

I'm kinda sceptical to the idea of using the Golem. While it brings strong CC, the Lich Form is just invaluable as it's your main source of minions. If your team has tons of DPS and no CC, maybe, but I feel like other classes should be the ones to cut their DPS for CC before the Necro sacrifices their Elite.

16 hours ago, Nag said:

I may be going crazy, but I do think you're overcapping 10% on your Bleed and Chill duration. While I get that you can use the extra +10% Torment and Poison, I really don't think it justifies using a Sigil of Malice. Since Geomancy is kinda useless as you don't weapon swap much (although if you go with the Warhorn idea you could probably use it), I guess Earth remains the last relevant choice for Sigils.

I'm kinda sceptical to the idea of using the Golem. While it brings strong CC, the Lich Form is just invaluable as it's your main source of minions. If your team has tons of DPS and no CC, maybe, but I feel like other classes should be the ones to cut their DPS for CC before the Necro sacrifices their Elite.

The trait Lingering Curse dosn't add to the actual condition duration stat % as it directly adds to all your skills.

Lich Form has a 3 mins cooldown, 2mins and around 20secs if you have perma alacrity. That means inbetween 2 mins and 20secs you summon 5 jagged horrors wich then their sustain is dependent on the survivality of your partners so that the shared healing could go to the horrors.

And actually th Geomancy might be a cood idea, since you dont need dagger offhand every 10 secs, as 5th skill on dagger is a dps loss.

I'm aware of how Lingering Curse works. You still overcap 10% on Bleed and Chill duration, just from Viper's gear + runes + Malice + the two traits that give +20% bleed and chill duration, respectively (not Lingering Curse) :) 

And yes, Lich Form has high cooldown. It's still amazing, and I still think removing it would be a massive dps loss.

Incidentally, I'm leaning more and more towards recommending Druids to skip the DPS gear and go full heal-stuff with Rune of the Monk and full Healing Power. The DPS gained from maintaining the Necromancers' minions should far outstrip any DPS gain earned from the Druid having an offensive gearing.

Good and clean guide. A few things worth mentioning though. :) 

On 10.2.2016 at 3:30 AM, Ipos said:

Necromantic Corruption transfers the minions from you to the minions

I think you mean conditions from you to the minions. :D 

On 10.2.2016 at 3:30 AM, Ipos said:

The combo of Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon puts 4 bleed stacks, 2 torment stacks and 1 stack of poison per minion. so if you have 10 minions that equals 40 stack of bleed just from minions alone. 

This is sadly not how it works. The Minions steal 1 condition from you every 10 seconds, from you to one of your minions (not one condition to all of them, or not even one condition each, literally just 1 condition from you, to one of your minions every 10 seconds), AND every 10 seconds, each of  the minions puts whatever condition is on them, to the mob. This practically means that when you use Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon, after 10 seconds the minions take 1 of those self-conditions off you, but you'll keep the rest on you, unless you use a skill such as Deathly Swarm (4) to transfer 3 conditions yourself.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

You still overcap 10% on Bleed and Chill duration, just from Viper's gear + runes + Malice + the two traits that give +20% bleed and chill duration, respectively (not Lingering Curse)

Also as Nag pointed out, you do indeed go over-cap with condition duration ^

As I said somewhere before though, we're more together than we are just on our own, we learn and grow. Good job Ipos!

- Susi and Akke :)

• Upvote 1

1 Flesh Gollem is good for CC but bad for dps compared to Lich Form 

2 Greatsword is not a huge dps loss since the majority of your condition dmg comes from Blood is Power and minion stacking.

3 I overcap bleed on purpose so that I get extra ticks on other conditions.

4 The same condition stack (2 beelding stacks) does multiply on multiple minions- tested, unless you have a good explanation why bleeds jump to double digit numbers when i have a lot of minions that from just one skill that gives me 2 bleeds, if your theory is right that would mean the mob should have just 4 bleeding stacks but he has way more depending on the number of minions.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ipos said:

3 I overcap bleed on purpose so that I get extra ticks on other conditions.

Your main damage comes from Bleed and Chill, I don't think it's really worth it to over-cap it, but that's your choice. :)

19 minutes ago, Ipos said:

4 The same condition stack (2 beelding stacks) does multiply on multiple minions- tested, unless you have a good explanation why bleeds jump to double digit numbers when i have a lot of minions that from just one skill that gives me 2 bleeds, if your theory is right that would mean the mob should have just 4 bleeding stacks but he has way more depending on the number of minions.

The Jagged Horrors inflict bleed on hit. :) That's how. If you have a bunch of them they accumulate into a nice stack of bleed pretty fast. That's pretty much the reason you use the Lich Form in the first place.

4 hours ago, Ipos said:

2 Greatsword is not a huge dps loss since the majority of your condition dmg comes from Blood is Power and minion stacking.

When you use gs just for cc it is. Warhorn seems way better for you for how you play it.

The Sigil of Malice makes you overcap Bleeding and Chill to get a +10% duration increase on Torment and Poison (the only two other relevant conditions I can see that you are inflicting with this build, although Fear could be a factor in some situations too I guess). Since these two conditions had +80% bonus duration without the Sigil of Malice, you're going from 180% base duration to 190% base duration, which is increasing damage done by a factor of 190/180 = 1.0555..., that is, you get a 5.55...% damage increase on those two conditions.

Assuming those two conditions together do even 25% of your total DPS (which I find completely unbelievable), then the actual damage increase to your total DPS by having a Sigil of Malice is somewhere in the area of 1-2%. Realistically I think we're talking less than a 1% DPS gain.

Even if Earth is somewhat mediocre, it's not unreasonable to assume that it's a bigger DPS gain than that. Geomancy (if used with Warhorn as Otretas is arguing for) would be significantly more as it's a very strong sigil.

As a side note, if I'm not much mistaken, "One condition" (when we're talking about condition transferring) refers to "every stack of one type of condition", right? So if you had 200 stacks of Bleeding and 3 stacks of Poison then if you "transferred one conditon" then you'd either transfer 3 stacks of Poison or 200 stacks of Bleeding (depending on which was placed on you last).

Edited by Nag

8 hours ago, Nag said:

As a side note, if I'm not much mistaken, "One condition" (when we're talking about condition transferring) refers to "every stack of one type of condition", right? So if you had 200 stacks of Bleeding and 3 stacks of Poison then if you "transferred one conditon" then you'd either transfer 3 stacks of Poison or 200 stacks of Bleeding (depending on which was placed on you last).

Yes this is indeed exactly how it works. :) Thanks for clarifying Nag.

You will transfer just one condition as you said Nag but in practice that 2 stacks of bleed will go on multiple mobs, not sure if its working as intended but thats how it works now otherwise we won't be stacking minions for no reason.

It is as Susimusta says. The main reason you want so many Jagged Horrors is that they bleed on hit anyways. You absolutely want at least one minion because transferring conditions is powerful, but the main reason you have a million bleed stacks is that those Jagged Horrors really do well even by themselves (also Blood is Power bleed stacks last ridiculously long).

An example of how condition transferring works, which you can easily test in the PvP lobby:

1. Equip the Necromantic Corruption trait, Blood is Power and Summon Bone Minions.
  2. Use Summon Bone Minions; this summons two minions that don't normally cause conditions.
  3. Use Blood is Power; the enemy gets two bleed stacks from this, and you get two bleed stacks from it.
  4. Wait a bit. Minions won't instantly take conditions from you, it happens at regular intervals.
  5. You will lose your conditions. The enemy will still have only two bleed stacks for a while (minions won't instantly transfer conditions from themselves).
  6. Next time the minions attack, the enemy will have a total of four bleed stacks - two from the initial Blood is Power and two from the transfer. If your theory was right, they'd have six bleed stacks (two from initial Blood is Power + 2 for every minion). If you check your minions you'll notice only one has taken damage (from the two bleed stacks that it took from you).

However, make no mistake - condition transferring is still very strong (since the conditions from Corruptions last very long), it just doesn't matter if you have one or one million minions for the purpose of condition transferring. Having five Jagged Horrors is just to have a lot of DPS from all their normal attacks (which is great). As a side note, you don't want to stack all your Corruptions at the same time, as only one type of condition can be moved every ten seconds.

Edited by Nag

As a side note, I was wrong about one thing: Multiple conditions can be transferred at the same time, depending on how many minions you have. So if you have Bleed and Poison on you and two minions up, one will take your Bleed stacks and one will take your Poison stacks (but in the case above, having more than two minions wouldn't do anything special). There's still no "multiplication" of the stacks, mind you, but it makes it easier to manage skills that put a lot of different conditions on you (Corrupt Boon is Bleed + Poison, Blood is Power is Bleed + Torment).

Edited by Nag

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org