GoNikonata

why does this need a title

Hello OC forums~!

I'm a girl from Poland, 28 this year (which totally doesn't mean I'm good at all this "responsible adult" thing - my messy higher education and employment history being a good example).

Have been playing GW2 almost since the launch, with my husband (who's into most of the stuff I'm in, and he's totally a lurker here, I'm sure of it!) and a bunch of real-life friends in a tiny social guild. I've joined DV during the second Crown Pavilion event, I think, but haven't been active, except for some guild missions. With nice and shiny HoT guildchat came the opportunity to talk with more people, which I've been trying to do lately :3 OC people are so nice (and I know Sabina is The Nicest One :D), it's a pleasure to be here :>

A single-player gamer to the core, haven't committed myself to any other MMO except from GW2 - I'm a sucker for pretty graphics and it got me with salads glowing in the dark and their rainbow colors. Aside from shiny visuals, I love to have well-written (or likable) characters and/or some good lore in my games, so I've enjoyed Bioware games, Assassin's Creed series, Starcraft and Diablo, Witcher trilogy, also some turn-based games: Heroes of Might and Magic, Disciples, Age of Wonders. I've had a fair share of long late-night discussions about many different worlds and characters with a former flatmate of mine :) There was also this many-years-long relationship with anime, which ended about 4 years ago, but I'd still watch some, if someone says the series is worth it, and we regularly buy and read a substantial amount of manga titles.

Random facts, to not make this post longer than it already is: I make LOTS of screenshots, some of them get edited and end up on tumblr; I'm also a pretty decent singer and it runs in the family, female side of it at least.

6 hours ago, GoNikonata said:

Disciples

*explodes*

WE MUST TALK IMMEDIATELY :D

Which Disciples games did you play? You are honestly the first person that I've met apart from my brother & sister that has played Disciples!

7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Because now we have no idea who you are in game Q_Q (well most of us don't)

That's what you get for playing 5+ characters simultaneously, I guess :< 

7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You will learn to use them properly in time and loads of titles will happen.

Not gonna happen, I'm horrible with naming things :D

1 hour ago, Lelling said:

Which Disciples games did you play? You are honestly the first person that I've met apart from my brother & sister that has played Disciples!

ALL OF THEM~! Haven't had enough willpower to complete the last one, though - they did something to the gameplay, that made finishing the maps a chore rater than fun. A real shame.

You'll be happy to hear you have at least one other person in DV, who played them all, since I've asked Sabina to send her an invite a little while ago :3

2 hours ago, GoNikonata said:

ALL OF THEM~! Haven't had enough willpower to complete the last one, though - they did something to the gameplay, that made finishing the maps a chore rater than fun. A real shame.

You'll be happy to hear you have at least one other person in DV, who played them all, since I've asked Sabina to send her an invite a little while ago :3

Oh my god so like, Disciples: Sacred Lands was like, one of the first games I played on Windows 95 (before that we just had DOS), along with Heroes III.

I think Disciples 2 is one of the most beautiful & underrated games of the early 2000s (except the portraits, whatever those abominations were), and I really really loved it. I can't make it (or Sacred Lands) work on my PC now though, which makes me very very sad :( 

Which Disciples 3 are you playing? Cause Renaissance / Resurrection are really really bad. I got Reincarnation, and while the gameplay is not particularly bad, it's still quite clearly the just best they could get from a bad situation ^^
I played the Empire campaign for about 40 hours, which did get very tedious with 100%ing maps, but the thing that annoyed me the most was Inoel not having an animation for her lightning bolt ability. Grrrr darn you unfinished games!

Welcome GoNikonata-chan!

12 hours ago, GoNikonata said:

(and I know Sabina is The Nicest One :D)

*embarrassed*

2 hours ago, Lelling said:

Disciples 3

GONNA BUY TODAY! O_O

Welcome to the Forums! :3 And yas I have to say I love the possibility to access guildchat without representing too! Only thing I still wish they'd add is the option to change the font color for each guildchat.

Teamspeak

We have an open Teamspeak, which can be freely used by guests in need of a practical voice communication solution.

Address: ts.theopencommunity.org